This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot see one certain disk in drive

This is not really a DVDFab problem, but I hope someone else might have seen it and know how to overcome it.

I have one disk - "Bound" - which is never seen by the system. I'm running windows XP SP3 and I have 2 DVD drives. When I put the disk in either drive it spins for a bit but never shows up on the DVD fab menu (or on Windows Explorer). I turned autoplay back on on one drive but the disk will not autoplay. Microsoft's Autofix utility does not see a problem that it can fix. There are no error logs because the OS resolutely refuses to even acknowledge that this DVD exists.

The disk plays fine on a dedicated DVD player.

That is an unusual problem. I'm moving your thread to DVD to DVD, maybe another user will have had some experience with it.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I think if you uninstalled the DVD drive through Device Manager and then reinstalled it that will fix the issue. To do that go into control panel and click Performance and Maintenance then click Administrative Tools. Now double click Computer management and then select Device manager. To delete the DVD drive open up DVD/CD-ROM drives and right click the DVD drive and choose uninstall. Now reboot and let windows install the drive again an

Comment

I'll try your suggestion but I am rapidly coming to the conclusion there is something decidedly odd about this particular disk. I put it in an external USB drive connected to a linux box and the system never stopped spinning the disk. I had to pull the USB cable and power down/up the drive to get the disk out.

Comment

Alright, I installed DVDFab on an older machine (also WinXP). On this system the DVD will show up (eventually) in Windows Explorer but DVDFab still does not see the thing automatically and when I select it (from the folder menu as the drive never appears in the dropdown) I get a brief flash of the analysing bar then DVDFab goes back to pretending there is no disk.

After ripping one disk, the second machine is now behaving like the first and refusing to see the disk,
          Last edited by leng; 10-22-2009, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X