This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab <> MagicJack Problems

I recently purchased a MagicJack VoIP phone USB dongle and since then I can't burn a disk using DVDFab. When I fire up DVDFab and put in the original disk it reads the disk fine and gets through that part of the process, but when it ejects the original it all goes to hell, I start getting errors about trying to reinstall the MagicJack software and DVDFab never sees the blank disk I put in.

Anyone using a MagicJack or seen this problem before?

I use majicjack and never had a problem with my beloved DVDFab. Have you tried with the majicjack unplugged from computer as it is listed under the DVD drives in my computer

Comment

This is a known problem, magicjack use conflicts with SPTI drive access (it appears as a drive to your OS). You can set DVDFab to use ASPI or unplug the magicjack. It also conflicts with ImgBurn.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

DVDFab worked fine once I unplugged the MagicJack.

Not trying to be snippy, but if it's a known problem why couldn't I find anything in the forums when searching for Magicjack or the the F.A.Q.s?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeach View Post
          DVDFab worked fine once I unplugged the MagicJack.

Not trying to be snippy, but if it's a known problem why couldn't I find anything in the forums when searching for Magicjack or the the F.A.Q.s?
          Probably because it has not been brought up since this forum opened in early September. Not in the FAQ or Guide probably because it is a quirk of the way MagicJack operates that conflicts with any software that uses SPTI to access optical drives, not a DVDFab-generated problem. It will now show up in future searches by MagicJack users. Why couldn't MagicJack put a warning on their documentation?
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yeah, the Magicjack works great, and is a great deal, but it's intrusive and they don't have very good documentation for it.

Comment

Very good point mikeach! Ask them for some info on this, you get nothing. I have tried. But a clever and useful device, I love mine.

Comment

I'm running windows 7, and have to unplug my magic jack when i use DVDFAB.

Comment

Working...
                X