This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

layer break

hello, i am using dvdfab and image burn to copy on a dvd 9 dvd+rdl and it prompts me for a layer break and gives me 12 different options as to where to create the break. I tried to just ignore and got a warning NOT to really do it that way. How do I know which one to choose? Are they in any particular order? Is it safe to just select the first one listed? Also, should I check "seamless" in addition to choosing where to create the break? Please explain, I appreciate the help. Thanks!

You're speaking of where to choose the layer break (LB) with Img.
    VSO is the burn engine that comes bundled with Fab and initially is the default burn engine. As you probably know, the user does not select the LB in VSO.

The LB options in Img are populated and color coded with respect to excellent ---> good, etc.
    Personally, I have never had a bad LB with Img.
    Having said this, if faced with a list that all look the same, choose an LB that is not in the middle of a fast action scene and is close to 50:50.
    You can preview the cell with the preview function in Img.

Seamless is preferable as long as your player supports it.
    Most modern players do.
    Try one and see
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Choose the break based on the color code of the little stars, on the left. If they are all the same color, choose the one that does not fall in an action scene (using preview) and is closest to 50/50. You will get better results (or at least more colored stars) if you tell DVDFab not to remove the original layer break. This is on the Protection->DVD page in Common Settings.

Too slow!
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

so is it acceptable to choose a layer break AND check the "seamless" box or is it one or the other? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by renzandjo View Post
          so is it acceptable to choose a layer break AND check the "seamless" box or is it one or the other? Thanks.
          Yes, you have to choose a layer break regardless, and as I said, most modern players support seamless, so go ahead and check it and give it a shot.
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
          X