ripping to iPad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ripping to iPad

I am trying to rip some movies to my iPad and having a couple problems.
    First, every rip had Closed Caption on the movie;
    Second several of the movies are jittery or jumpy.

Any suggestions or help?
    Is there a best bit rate?

I just did two Blu-rays to iPad that turned out pretty well. The one that was software encode/CUDA decode played back smoother. Bitrate was about 2200 kbps. Did not have the iPad here long enough to try any DVDs. Try setting framerate to 30 fps (you will need to increase the bitrate to keep the bits/pixel at around 0.2xx).
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

thanks,

is there a way to turn on Cuda or does it just do it automatically?

Also, any way to turn off the Closed Captions? I have done 3 now and all have CC at the bottom. Somewhat annoying but really annoying when it is out of sync with the voice and video.

Comment

UNcheck the subpicture stream selection boxes before you click next. The CUDA controls are in Common Settings->A/V Codec. You will need to experiment with these not only for conversion speed but output video quality as well.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks,

I found the Cuda in the settings area. However, is seems when I do a standard encoding I don't see anything about Cuda but when I do a 1080p conversion Cuda starts automatically.

I will look for the subpicture and uncheck it.
          thanks again.

Comment

I did a double check and there were not subpicture setting available to check or uncheck but yet I am still getting CC.

Found it!
            Also, when I do a single pass CUDA come on but when I do a 2 pass CUDA doesn't show.
            Last edited by tky6716; 09-07-2010, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X