Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transformers 2 - Instructions to Make "Movie Only" Backup !!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transformers 2 - Instructions to Make "Movie Only" Backup !!

This is for all of the folks who are having difficultly backing up Transformers 2 DVD. This is a temp fix to at least give you a working back-up of the Movie ONLY until fengtao and his team have released a version of DVDFab to cope with this NEW protection.

!!!!! READ CAREFULLY !!!!!

First and MOST important

Play the ORIGINAL movie disc in either your soft-player (on computer) or your stand-alone DVD player. Play the disc until you get to the movie, make note of what Title # is displaying in the display window. Do a couple of "Next" to jump chapters and note how the chapters change, but make sure the Title # is still the same, this Title # is important for the next steps.

Download/Install DVDFab 6.1.1.8 Beta or later.
    1. Start DVDFab
    2. Select the Green check mark at the top to go to "Common Settings"
    3. Select PathPlayer on the left
    4. Under PathPlayer on the right pane, select "Disable PathPlayer" and select OK.
    5. Back on DVDFab's main screen under DVD-to-DVD, select "Main Movie"
    6. Now on the right pane where all the Titles appear you need to select the Title # you made note of from the ORIGINAL disc. Make sure that is the ONLY Title selected, deselect ALL others, then select the "Next" button at the bottom. Select "Start" and wait for it finish
    7. Do as you normally do with the ripped files.
    Note: I have read that others got some read errors, I did not, so I can't confirm, but select ignore read errors.

I suggest that you create an .iso and preview it on your computer before burning it to make sure you made it correctly !!!

Hope this helps EVERYONE who is have difficulty .... ENJOY !!!

EDIT: This was successful on making a Region 1 (R1) Movie Only backup, I would assume that this will work for other regions as well.

AX
    Last edited by AlienX69; 10-24-2009, 02:20 PM.
    AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

forget it...hehe
    Last edited by jdmacfam; 10-24-2009, 03:10 PM. Reason: reread original post & had the info I needed

Comment

Can't wait to try this out. Thanks for posting this. I always make copies for my children to use/watch and always just do the "movie" function. I'll post what "title" my disc uses and maybe we can get this thing narrowed down.
      Into abyss
      You don't exist
      Cannot resist
      The Judas kiss
      Judas lives recite this vow
      I've become your new god now

Comment

Using ver 6.1.1.5 worked for me using the following Path Player disabled Preview off and chapter #47 Main movie only,( R1) got a perfect copy BTW some people have used other chapters as there about 3 different versions of this movie
        Paid Not To Work
        US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
        Proudly Served On
        USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
        6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

thankyou I think I need to study more and maybe I will learn more things to do with this great program.

Comment

i used dvdfab 5.2.2.6 and it worked fine

Comment

If you find the procedure in post #1 does not work for you, it could very well be because your DVD burner (or reader) is being compromised by this new CP. I have three DVD burners on my system (Panasonic, LiteOn and LG). The procedure in post #1 only works on my LG burner. The Panasonic burner fails during the process and the LiteOn burner won't even recognize and mount the disk. All three of these burners typically work with FAB and it is very rare that one of my drives won't recognize a disk. Hence, what ever this new CP they are using is brutal.
              Life is too short to drink bad wine . . .

Comment

try dvdfab 5.2.2.6 worked just fine

Comment

Worked for me also

I used the newest version 6.1.2.0,
                  I knew I was close because I could get the whole movie on disc but not in order, then after I figured out what title, it worked nicely. Thanks for the post helped a bunch. It was title 47 R1 for me also.

Comment

This title 47 is not for everyone.. so.. how to know the right title.. ? maybe on time lenght.. but who knows.. i will wait for the fix to brake the security..
                    I swear for THEIR own amusement, their own private, cosmic gag reel, He sets the rules in opposition. It's the goof of all time. Buy but don't borrow. Borrow, but don't copy. Copy, don't sell. Ahaha.

Comment

Thank you so much. It worked for me!!!

Comment

transformers 2

I was able to get a complete burn of the full disc and IT WORKS.

Comment

Just maybe you people ought to wait for a up dated version to come out and stop harping on the same subject.There so many work arounds to this problem its starting to get stupid,no wonder why they closed the last thread.Stop posting about Transformers and read the previous post please.Please give it another day.You all remind me of my kids when we took road trips and they kept asking are we there yet.......................If it wasn't for the loyal customers of Fentango i would close all of these and tell you to stop being so impatient and piss off, unfortunately i am not a moderator here or i would. Give the creator some room please !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rq77 View Post
                            .. how to know the right title.. ?
                            Read my 1st post again, this time a little more slowly! The part where it says "First and MOST important"
                            Last edited by AlienX69; 10-24-2009, 09:13 PM.
                            AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

using 6.0.7.0. open dvd . with pathfinder off choose customize. then choose title # 30 when read error comes up choose ignore all . go to dvd temp file an copy

Comment

Working...
                              X