Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transformers 2 - Instructions to Make "Movie Only" Backup !!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdmacfam View Post
    Ok...this may be a stupid question but where do I find the track/title number on the original disc...is it not #47
    Depends on what version/region of the movie you purchased !! I see you edited the post to:

Originally posted by jdmacfam View Post
    forget it...hehe
    I will assume you figured it out .... Cheers !
    AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

after you choose ignore all copy to hard drive in dvd temp file then copy from there to disk

Comment

Originally posted by halfpint View Post
        using 6.0.7.0. open dvd . with pathfinder off choose customize. then choose title # 30 when read error comes up choose ignore all . go to dvd temp file an copy
        I did not try the OLDER version as I always try to keep my DVDFab Platinum up to date to help fengtao and his team if a problem occurs, i.e. Transformers 2, Doubt, etc.

But I did try "Customize" on 6.1.1.8 and at first I thought is was fine, BUT it came out all mucked up ... I advise you look at it closely.

I do not recommend "Customize" on this title ..... PS: I wanted the menus too.

See these posts: Click HERE and HERE
        Last edited by AlienX69; 10-24-2009, 09:36 PM.
        AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

i just made my first copy by turning off pathfinder. choosing customize. choose title # 30 click next. when read error comes up click ignore all. when finished copping i used nero to copyfile from dvd temp/ customize file . worked great

Comment

Originally posted by AlienX69 View Post
            I did not try the OLDER version as I always try to keep my DVDFab Platinum up to date to help fengtao and his team if a problem occurs, i.e. Transformers 2, Doubt, etc.

But I did try "Customize" on 6.1.1.8 and at first I thought is was fine, BUT it came out all mucked up ... I advise you look at it closely.

I do not recommend "Customize" on this title ..... PS: I wanted the menus too.

See these posts: Click HERE and HERE
            i got menus but no previews

Comment

Originally posted by zerozero View Post
              Give the creator some room please !!!!!!!!!!!
              Thats why I gave a simple work around so that they would STOP asking when is the FIX coming ... do you have it yet ? ? ?

AX
              AX

Comment

i just made my first copy by turning off pathfinder. choosing customize. choose title # 30 click next. when read error comes up click ignore all. when finished copping i used nero to copyfile from dvd temp/ customize file . worked great
                i got menus but no previews
                There is no previews on the R1 single disc version.

Did you sit down watch your BACKUP in its entirety, not skip through it ? As I previously pointed out, I tried Customize, but the IFO's were mucked.....
                Last edited by AlienX69; 10-24-2009, 09:50 PM.
                AX

Comment

I have not tried it and don't care to purchase this movie but a friend tried it on his high end Vista machine and it locked up the system (he followed the instructions). It did however, work on his 5 year old XP laptop. So it seems to be hardware or OS dependent.

Comment

I received a Private Message from sireast, see below.

Please, please post all questions in this thread .... I will try to help or others that have done this successful as well will try to help !!

Originally posted by sireast
                    tired your suggestion...
                    stand alone player dispalys title #47.
                    which I chose on dvd fab.
                    (meanwhile dvd fab chose title #30.)

when 'start'ed, dvd fab shows error, I chose 'ignore all'.

after 20 mins on vts_08_1.vob, the progress bar never moved.
                    which I have to cancel.
                    Instructions say to make sure the ONLY the title you select is the one you saw in the softplayer or DVD player .... its in RED ... signals will be reordering the bullet #'s, currently # 7, but will become # 6

Try again and use only #47, uncheck all the others....
                    Last edited by AlienX69; 10-24-2009, 10:24 PM.
                    AX

Comment

Originally posted by billbell52 View Post
                      a friend tried it on his high end Vista machine and it locked up the system (he followed the instructions).
                      Did your friend try it more that once to make sure it was the combination of Vista/DVDFab/T2 ROTF

Well glad he at least got a working backup from XP, that's what I run on all 4 of my machines, XP Pro SP2, VERY STABLE !!!!
                      AX

Comment

Note to users:
                        Thanks to AlienX69 for posting and supporting this workaround. It looks like the success rate is pretty good but may vary with your OS or other system differences. I have made this thread a temporary sticky until the developers release a fix.
                        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I did what the original post said to do, and I just want to know can it be compressed onto a dvd-5 using dvd shrink, because when i open shrink, i get it at 65%, but when i go to to perform a deep analysis (to improve quality), it's greyed out?, does anyone know what i mean. It always lets you select to do the deep analysis whenever it's less than 100%, but can not for this?, any ideas, thanks

Comment

We know what you mean but this is the DVDFab forum. Please respect that.
                            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                              Note to users:
                              Thanks to AlienX69 for posting and supporting this workaround. It looks like the success rate is pretty good but may vary with your OS or other system differences. I have made this thread a temporary sticky until the developers release a fix.
                              I would also like to thank AlienX69 as this is getting frustrating. I was able to back up maine movie with chapter 47 with no errors. This was off the origional post which got terminated due to what I will call childish nature. Cudos for a member to step up to the plate!!!
                              Chris

Comment

Originally posted by keystone View Post
                                i used dvdfab 5.2.2.6 and it worked fine
                                You got lucky

Searched through my files, installed it, but no winning ticket there either!!

Comment

Working...
                                X