Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transformers 2 - Instructions to Make "Movie Only" Backup !!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ish View Post
    You got lucky

Searched through my files, installed it, but no winning ticket there either!!
    Which one of Transformers do you have? If its vanilla it is chapter 47 when selecting main movie. Hope this will help you.
    Chris

Comment

I too would like to thank AlienX69. I followed the instructions on the first post in this thread and had no problems. I started by upgrading DVDFab to the latest version (released yesterday). My disc is the "vanilla" copy and it was title 47. I've always used "clone" and backed up the entire disc to an iso file. This was my first time using the "main movie" option, and while not ideal (I like menus), it worked just fine. I did, however, have to select "ignore all errors". I look forward to the clone option working eventually for this movie. Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by JonJon8320 View Post
        I too would like to thank AlienX69. I followed the instructions on the first post in this thread and had no problems. I started by upgrading DVDFab to the latest version (released yesterday). My disc is the "vanilla" copy and it was title 47. I've always used "clone" and backed up the entire disc to an iso file. This was my first time using the "main movie" option, and while not ideal (I like menus), it worked just fine. I did, however, have to select "ignore all errors". I look forward to the clone option working eventually for this movie. Thanks again!
        This is weird because I had no errors come up and was able to back up in about 30 minutes, (from the time I put the disk in to the time I started watching the backed up copy.
        Chris

Comment

Kelson, I agree the burner does matter. I'm using a panasonic reader/burner with the latest version 6.1.2.0 on the two-disc version. I disable the pathplayer and can see the titles, but it completely locks up the software. DVDFab help!!!

Comment

Well, after a few attempts, all has failed -- I did get it to burn, but some chapters that support to be at the beginning, where embodied in the middle, etc ...

Anyhow, just sit back and wait til fab is updated ... I guess that' the best advice I can give out -- just remember, it's just a movie, and it's not that really big of a deal, when you look at this situation from a distance... Eventually, the great stuff behind DVD fab will figure it out.

Just my 2 cents! -- nitty all and thanks for your suggestions!!
            Ish

Comment

I got this message from Fengtao, I share it with you here with his permission:

Hi Paul,

I have got the transformer disc, and I'm working on it.

The new protection is good, but we will beat it as always.

Best Regards,
              Fengtao
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

That's great news Signals. Thanks for posting that.
                Into abyss
                You don't exist
                Cannot resist
                The Judas kiss
                Judas lives recite this vow
                I've become your new god now

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  That's excellent news!!

Thanks for the heads-up!!!

Comment

have the D1 Vanilla, did ch#41.. worked great !! thanks folks !! .. hopefully will be able to purchase lifetime BD license soon to help support..

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                      I had no doubt Fengtao and Ting would get this resolved, it's just a time factor that everyone needs to be patient with. THX for the posting the msg signals .....

Originally posted by Kainon View Post
                      have the D1 Vanilla, did ch#41.. worked great !! thanks folks !! .. hopefully will be able to purchase lifetime BD license soon to help support..
                      Region 1 (R1) "TRANSFORMERS2_D1_VANILLA" should have been #47 ! If your standalone player displayed #41 from the original disc you must be in a different region or you made a typo ? Did your backup or .ISO played without skipping or jumping chapters ?

Yes purchasing a lifetime license gives you so much more in regards to all the features of DVDFab !!!

AX
                      Last edited by AlienX69; 10-25-2009, 07:23 PM.
                      AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Thanks AlienX69 for your instruction, tried copy Title 49 after disabling the pathplayer and burned the backup DVD, sadly, the backup disc playing with jump sequence. Then I played the original DVD in DVD player, it showed Title 69, I copied Title 69 with DVDfab to main movie, this time working good! Play sequence OK! My OS is Windows XP SP 3; my DVD is "TRANSFORMERS2_D1_ASIA".

Comment

I have tried doing this with the instructions given and I run into the problem where when DVDfab starts to read the disk for backup it freezes my computer for a few seconds and when it unfreezes it has disabled my dvd drive that the movie is in. Is anyone else having this type of problem or does someone know a way around it please let me know. Thanks to all.

Comment

transformers 2

I used the latest version 6.1.2.0, just disable pathplayer, select main movie, then choose title 47 and start the rip, after it starts it will give u a error message just click ignore all. Burn to disk and enjoy, i use nero recode for burning worked great.

Comment

Originally posted by Frog View Post
                              Thanks AlienX69 for your instruction, tried copy Title 49 after disabling the pathplayer and burned the backup DVD, sadly, the backup disc playing with jump sequence. Then I played the original DVD in DVD player, it showed Title 69, I copied Title 69 with DVDfab to main movie, this time working good! Play sequence OK! My OS is Windows XP SP 3; my DVD is "TRANSFORMERS2_D1_ASIA".
                              Frog, Welcome to forum, glad to hear you got a working backup on the second attempt. As you see the big KEY is to find out what Title # plays viewing the ORIGINAL disc on your DVD Player (soft or hard). I assume you are REGION 3 (R3) since your disc label has _ASIA on the end ? This might help others in the same region !!!

Originally posted by coojo81480 View Post
                              I have tried doing this with the instructions given and I run into the problem where when DVDfab starts to read the disk for backup it freezes my computer for a few seconds and when it unfreezes it has disabled my dvd drive that the movie is in. Is anyone else having this type of problem or does someone know a way around it please let me know. Thanks to all.
                              By any chance is this a Vista machine, heard that a Vista user had issues ? Best bet is to try making this backup on a different puter, sounds like you might have possible hardware issues...

Originally posted by cherjohn View Post
                              I used the latest version 6.1.2.0, just disable pathplayer, select main movie, then choose title 47 and start the rip, after it starts it will give u a error message just click ignore all. Burn to disk and enjoy, i use nero recode for burning worked great.
                              Nero is a resource HOG !!! I would use DVDFab's VSO Burn Engine or ImgBurn to burn over Nero !!!!! Glad to hear you got a working backup and welcome to forum.
                              Last edited by AlienX69; 10-26-2009, 01:32 PM.
                              AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Very disappointed

I hate to say it but I feel I must. I'm really disappointed that FAB can't rip this yet. So how come you guys haven't cracked this nut? You used to do that in a day.

Comment

Working...
                                X