Problems at Layer Break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems at Layer Break

I have been using DVDFab for years (v7 until today) almost always ripping Main Movie only.

Recently I've noticed that I have been getting pixelation and almost freezing about mid-way through some of the movies, probably at the layer break. I normally copy dual layer videos although recently I have been downloading movies. These movies I convert using (removed) before burning with ImgBurn.

I haven't checked if my problem happens with the ripped movies or the downloaded movies, but I know it doesn't happen with all burns.
    The burner controllers are set at Ultra DMA Mode 4 or higher.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by AGJ; 09-10-2010, 04:26 AM. Reason: General Policies

Definitely try to determine exactly when this occurs. It would be a big step toward isolating the cause.

Does the freezing/pixelation issue occur when the ripped files are played back from the hdd with a software player such as VLC or Media Player Classic?

What format are the downloaded movies in prior to conversion? Is this pixelation seen after converting?

Any recent changes with blank media, firmware, etc...?
    Please post a couple of burn logs...one with the pixelation and one without

The default location is:
    C:\Users (For XP Documents and Settings)\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The devil's in the details...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Nordo
      We will do all we can to help you get the most out of DVDFab using movies that you own, but we can't help you with downloaded movies. DVDFab is not designed for this and it violates the forum policy, which you can read here: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.p...=newpost&t=122

If I have misinterpreted what you said I apologize and you can explain.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks guys.
        Sorry about the misunderstanding with the downloaded videos.
        They are in .avi format, and are videos of engineering conferences in the States and Europe. I think they were originally designed to be issued on dual layer DVDs at the conference. I convert and burn them because I prefer to watch them in my home theatre than on my small computer screen.

I will try and narrow down whether the problem is with my backups, or with the downloaded conference videos, and where the problem occurs exactly.

I haven't changed any media or software/drivers recently. I will try and generate logs as you suggested.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
        X