This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The actual burn process.

PLEASE excuse my ignorance in these matters, and excuse me if this is posted somewhere else, but I couldn't find it after MUCH searching.

I am VERY pleased with your software, I just want to check if there is a better way of doing things?

On my OLD computer I used to use DVDFab first, then (as the movies are usually too big as they are for a single disc) put those files through DVDShrink, then I used to copy those files via another different programme I got with a new DVD recorder I had to buy for the old computer, long process, but it worked.

When I bought this new computer I was able to reload DVDFab okay, and DVDShrink but I couldn't load the copying software, I guess because it "knew'' that I no longer had their hardware.

First time I tried to copy a DVD on this new computer, DVDFab worked great, then DVDShrink worked but somehow it ""knew'' too that something was different, came up with a message that I needed to instal some copying software.

I then tried to use DVDFab to make a copy of the DVD using the files generated by DVDShrink, and this worked okay, and this is what I still do now.

My questions (yes eventually), (1) can the whole process be done with just DVDFab including the shrinking to fit on one single layered DVD? (2) IF not, is the way I am doing it the best, as it DOES work okay?

Thank you............

I am not an expert when it comes to computers but when it comes to backing up DVDs I have used DVDFab for several years with no problem, or the media not being able to fit on a single DVD. Hope this will help you.
    Chris

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
      I am not an expert when it comes to computers but when it comes to backing up DVDs I have used DVDFab for several years with no problem, or the media not being able to fit on a single DVD. Hope this will help you.
      You didn't answer anything???

Comment

Originally posted by davidh View Post
        You didn't answer anything???
        Yes I did, any movie I have backed up will redue to fit on a single dvd. I may not be looking at the question the same way you are asking it? I appologize if this is the case.
        Chris

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
          Yes I did, any movie I have backed up will redue to fit on a single dvd. I may not be looking at the question the same way you are asking it? I appologize if this is the case.
          I am sorry IF you are trying to help, but you still didn't answer my question.

Are you saying that a movie of any lengh can be copied onto a single layered blank disc using ONLY DVDFab?

HOW??????

When I tried this DVDFab would not do it, kept wanting me to insert an appropriate (bigger?) disc.

I have only ever been able to copy long movies by putting them through DVDShrink first.

IF the whole copying process CAN be done with just DVDFab, PLEASE tell me how???

THANK YOU.............

Comment

Davidh do you have a paid version or do you use the free version?
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
              Never thought to ask that. I have never run into a problem with a movie to big to make a back up?
              Chris

Comment

While I've never used it, it is my understanding that the free version will decrypt and rip to the HDD but will not transcode to DVD-5 or burn. If using the paid version be sure the quality is set to DVD-5 on the first screen, sounds like it may be set to DVD-9 which will make it ask for a DL disk every time.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I have had the paid version for some time (years), now have paid some time ago for the never expire DVD to DVD.

Comment

While I've never used it, it is my understanding that the free version will decrypt and rip to the HDD but will not transcode to DVD-5 or burn. If using the paid version be sure the quality is set to DVD-5 on the first screen, sounds like it may be set to DVD-9 which will make it ask for a DL disk every time.
                    To do this check the green check mark for common settings in the top right corner.

Then go to DVD to DVD.

Click on Default output and set to DVD5, then press ok and restart DVDFab.

Hope this helps Davidh
                    Chris

Comment

Will check that, thanks.

So in answer to my question DVDFab should be able to do the whole process, yes?

Comment

Will check that, thanks.

Post #10 should help. Cheers!
                        Chris

Comment

Yep, but you may want to replace the default VSO Burning with ImgBurn.

My good friend Troy512 swears by it and there is a tutorial on how to install/use in the forum.

I cannot really comment as I do not ever burn anything.

PS: For Monkeygirl, on my mobile device at the V8 Supercars day !!!
                          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Will check that, thanks.

Yes, there should be no need to use shrink at all.

Albert Einstein

Comment

It can be done within limits by all DVD copy modes except Clone, which requires a blank that matches the original in size. As a prastical matter, there are limits to the amount of compression that will still produce a quality picture, but that is subjective and unique to each user.

I am sorry IF you are trying to help, but you still didn't answer my question.

Are you saying that a movie of any lengh can be copied onto a single layered blank disc using ONLY DVDFab?

HOW??????

When I tried this DVDFab would not do it, kept wanting me to insert an appropriate (bigger?) disc.

I have only ever been able to copy long movies by putting them through DVDShrink first.

IF the whole copying process CAN be done with just DVDFab, PLEASE tell me how???

THANK YOU.............
                              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                              X