No announcement yet.

New version has EXPIRED already!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if that works it still seems screwy. The Profile box may be a UI glitch of some kind. I've had a few of those with v8+, but they always clear when the GUI catches up to what the software is doing. Clearly a W.I.P. (work in progress). The internal beta of this (7.5.x.x) did this too sometimes.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

version 8.0.0.5 has a serious glitch. you are getting the same message man of us are getting with the free version of HD Decrypter. Version 7 still works glitch-free. If you need a copy of it, try this link:

I assume the techies will find out why this is happening and fix it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by nikalseyn View Post
        version 8.0.0.5 has a serious glitch. you are getting the same message man of us are getting with the free version of HD Decrypter. Version 7 still works glitch-free. If you need a copy of it, try this link:

I assume the techies will find out why this is happening and fix it soon.
        Workaround to Free Decrypter Problem

Originally posted by adieli View Post
        Hi all, I have found that if you go into settings, press default button and OK, restart DVD Fab and your access Free Decrypter is restored. Not ideal but it saves you having to uninstall and reinstall.
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

tried to set my custom U/I settings... couldn't select any thing other than Blu-Ray Ripper

also tried setting everything back to default... this is my welcome screen

v8 still not working like it should for me...

Comment

Same issue - they want money now

It is clear that they have either broken the free app with their upgrade, or (more likely) they just want money now. If you get frustrated enough you will either pay for the full version or look for another app. Most people who have been using an app for a while are too lazy to look for another. They will just pay at a certain frustration level.

For me, if I'm going to now have to pay for this feature, I will go back to reading reviews and comparing products and price.

Comment

Originally posted by graymor View Post
              It is clear that they have either broken the free app with their upgrade, or (more likely) they just want money now. If you get frustrated enough you will either pay for the full version or look for another app. Most people who have been using an app for a while are too lazy to look for another. They will just pay at a certain frustration level.

For me, if I'm going to now have to pay for this feature, I will go back to reading reviews and comparing products and price.
              The free version works if you install DVDFab 8.0.1.1 Beta as the earlier version had a bug that fixed now

Comment

Don't be a jackass. HD Decrypter is still free and Passkey is still free. Fengtao has never treated customers this way, why on earth would you just asssume because something doesn't work that you are being cheated? If you never paid for it how can you be cheated??
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yup, you tell him. If Fengtao's freeware version doesn't work perfectly with every release, well...
                  you just aren't gonna use the freeware application ever again.

That'll teach him.
                  Good luck with that
                  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Believe it or not, I recently encountered similar situations as the OP.

I installed 8.0.1.1 on 9/14 and noticed the Video Converter and File Transfer options said it will expire on 9/17. I have never used both of these options. How can the trial be started? What is also strange is if the Video Converter option has not been used, how can the File Transfer option be used?

Then on 9/17, both of these options were expired even though the day hasn't gone by yet. So I contacted support about this. The first rep said I have 30 days to try. If I want to use it, buy it. And I thought what! After my reply, the second rep suggested that I uninstall and reinstall. Sure enough, today I uninstalled and cleaned out any registry remnants of dvdfab, and reinstalled and no more expired message. So thank you for dvdfab support!!

As for the OP's DVD Copy expired problem, I saw it last night at my relative's house. The same exact screenshots as seen in post #10. He only needs to use the free version, and I thought DVD Copy -> Full Disc mode is essentially HD Decrypter option. So something is definitely screwy here. I get really annoyed that merely clicking on Full Disc will pop up the message. I think it would make sense that this message should pop up when you click on the Start button before ripping or converting process begins. Well, I brought this up with support as well. Hope they look into it.

@brendon7800, perhaps you can redo a complete uninstall within Windows uninstall program list, including cleaning the registry remnants left by DVDFab using CCleaner, then reinstall. Hopefully this will straighten up the mess. I will ask my relative to do the same thing as well. I
                    Last edited by toaddub; 09-20-2010, 11:38 PM.

Comment

I too have this problem. I uninstalled v8 and now am running v7.

Windows 7 64bit

While I'm posting, might mention that I'd pay $50 for a DVD + Bluray copy DVDFab if it were offered without an expiration. I'm not likely to pay for a subscription. If/when I do buy a ripper, it won't be a subscription model.
                      Last edited by bendvd; 09-23-2010, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Same here, my HD decrypter expired today, went back to V7 for now.

Originally posted by bendvd View Post
                        I too have this problem. I uninstalled v8 and now am running v7.
                        Just my two cents... but I do appreciate the free program, and hope this gets resolved.

Comment

While I'm posting, might mention that I'd pay $50 for a DVD + Bluray copy DVDFab if it were offered without an expiration.
                          That's not going to happen. If you want these 2 programs with a lifetime license, the fee would currently be 181.20 US$ (144.96 US$ with discount).

I'm not likely to pay for a subscription. If/when I do buy a ripper, it won't be a subscription model.
                          There is a lifetime option for all applications, which you can choose upon ordering.
                          Intel Core i7 4770K 3.5 GHz, 32 GB, GeForce GTX 780 Ti, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Comment

My 2-Cents This post may get deleted or I may be warned but, I really don't care
                            This thread amazes me how some people who never use the forum and feel like they have been cheated and miss lead about using a (FREE) product can do all this complaining.
                            Yes, I use FREE products but, I also make Donations to the developers of that product so that they may improve their product and make it better.

I know that Fengtao still supports the free HD Decrypter, and for those of you who do not want to spend any money to help support this great program should not complain.

It's like winning a beautiful new car, it runs great, looks good, you have been cruising for hours and then the car dies and you get mad because it ran out of gas, and you think that gas should be included as long as you have this car(Wrong)!!!

Do yourselves a favor if you have used Fab, and it works, support it by buying it.
                            CBR929
                            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by brendon7800 View Post
                              same thing happens, expired error pops up
                              I don't know what's the problem then but in any case if you want to use every option(ex.Clone) you must buy it.

Comment

Don't panic

You may not need to panic like this...

Ver. 8.0.0.5 kept "expiring" for me too. According to some users, there's been a bug in a couple of recent versions that caused the false expiration message to appear. So, as suggested by another page here, I uninstalled 8.0.0.5 and downloaded and installed the latest beta version, and it works fine.

I'd also tried the "Split DVD" feature, and I think that might've changed my free use of DVDFab HD Decrypter to a 30-day trial of the full version. (It's not really clear how that's set up, but it'd make sense.) But again, I've replaced it with the beta, which is letting me use the free "Full Disc" feature without problems.

Comment

Working...
                                X