Activtion Key will not work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Activtion Key will not work

I must be stupid but I had to reinstall DVD to DVD after a reformat. My lifetime key does not work. When I try to open it, it says I have to know the program that created it.

Am I doing it correct: I tried my copy of the lifetime key and it would not work so I retrieved my lifetime key which was a DVDFab vs6 key. I copied it to my desktop and don't know how to make it work. It appears thta it is something that when you click on it it does something to your registry rather than giving you an actual serial number.

Can anyone help a stupid of man figure this out. I can't remember how to do it.

Thanks

when it says you need to know what program created it do a computer search. When doing computer search go to Local Disk-program files-dvdfab 8 and then find the dvdfab application and select to always open with that

Comment

Right click on the key file, select Open (or Open with...), select browse, go to (typical) C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8\dvdfab.exe. (...\Program Files(x86)\... on 64-bit OS). Check the box that says always use this program to open this type file, click OK.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
      X