DVD HD Decrypter-Copy splits files into 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD HD Decrypter-Copy splits files into 3

Whenever I try and copy a DVD to my hard drive, using the option to just copy the one movie file, I get three files, about .99 gigs each. Is there any way to get just one file? This seems like something most people would want as an option, however, I have looked everywhere and can't find it. I'm really interested in the product, but am apprehensive to purchase anything till I figure this out. Thanks, Chip

DVDFab keeps the original DVD structure, so if thats how it is on the disc, thats how it will be when you rip it, and all DVDs have 1 gb VOB files. I'm not sure what you use to play your movies, but most software players will playback the whole DVD structure. If you really want one file, you will have to look into DVDFabs DVD Ripper module which will convert the whole DVD to one file.
    SPECS
    DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
    SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Originally posted by Chip Phillips View Post
      Whenever I try and copy a DVD to my hard drive, using the option to just copy the one movie file, I get three files, about .99 gigs each. Is there any way to get just one file? This seems like something most people would want as an option, however, I have looked everywhere and can't find it. I'm really interested in the product, but am apprehensive to purchase anything till I figure this out. Thanks, Chip
      DVDFab Copy copies the DVD exactly as how the studio created it minus the copy protection. If you used windows to open the original dvd and view what files are on it you would see more files than what you got but that reason is because you did movie only.

If all you want is one file for your DVDs then you will need to try DVD Ripper and try the mobile formats available. Give the VOB Passthrough a try as it one large VOB and is the same size as the file you got using DVD Copy Main Movie

Comment

Thanks for the response!
        I see....Is there any way to merge these three files into one movie file, using the free version of the software?
        Thanks, Chip

Comment

As far as any DVD player knows, they are one file. The directions for stiching them together and playing them back in sequence are in the IFO files.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X