Merge problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merge problems

v 8.0.0.5 merge does not seem to work properly. The second dvd is not included on the new merged disk upon completion. I have tried several times with same result. v 7.0.9.3 works perfectly when merging. All settings are default and I have tried both dvd5 and dvd9 merge with v 8.0.0.5. For now I am just using v 7.0.9.3 to merge. I was just curious to see if anyone else has had problems or success with merge and v 8.0.0.5.

Same issue.

Anyone found out the bug yet?

Comment

Originally posted by hamson View Post
      v 8.0.0.5 merge does not seem to work properly. The second dvd is not included on the new merged disk upon completion. I have tried several times with same result. v 7.0.9.3 works perfectly when merging. All settings are default and I have tried both dvd5 and dvd9 merge with v 8.0.0.5. For now I am just using v 7.0.9.3 to merge. I was just curious to see if anyone else has had problems or success with merge and v 8.0.0.5.
      I just finished a test merge with V8.0.1.1b and it works without a problem. Both movies are there and play fine.

No longer have V8005 on the pc so cannot test for you.
      Maybe you should update to V8011b.

Comment

Remember that all Sources used in a merge must be continuously available. If you pop a disc out to put in another, the process will fail.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Same problem

Comment

dmessick
            Which version are you using?
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I tried 8.0.0.5 and 8.0.1.1
              I am trying to put both sides of a flipper disk on to one disk.
              Saved both sides as ISO files.
              During the merge process both sides are properly saved to /temp/merge directory. (I successfully burned my disk from here using "Write Data"
              After the merge is complete and it goes to burn (or create an ISO) whatever the last source you selected is the only thing burned (or ISO'd).
              VSO or ImgBurn same results.

Comment

Merge

I updated to 8.0.1.1 beta and continue to see same issue. Only last iso selected burns to the disk.

Comment

THE SOURCE FILES ARE ON USB DRIVE AND MERGE DIRECTORY IS ON C:\Users\Admin\Documents\DVDFab
                  SHOULD I MOVE THE SOURCE FILES TO C:\Users\Admin\Documents\DVDFab

Comment

As a workaround, I would suggest this: try merging from VIDEO_TS folders rather than ISOs (although the image files should work fine). You might also try putting a checkmark in the box telling DVDFab not to eject the Source disc when finished copying, it is in Common Settings->DVD->Read, near the bottom of the window. I will try one myself later and see what it does.

Comment

Merge does behave strangely. When the Target is ISO, it does not complete and searches for "writeable media" on the target hard drive, when this is cancelled it produces error 101 or 121. It works OK with ISO Sources and folder Target, but still not quite right, with strange pauses during the process. Works perfectly with folder Source and folder Target. I have reported it to DVDFab's Architect. Until there is a fix, write to a folder and make the ISO with ImgBurn or Write Data mode.

Comment

Working...
                      X