8.0.1.7 won't run at all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.0.1.7 won't run at all!

I had DVDFab 8.0.0.5 installed and running fine (as did all previous versions). I installed 8.0.1.7 beta and when I try to launch the program I get the following:

DVDFab.exe - Application Error
    The application failed to initalize properly (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application.

I tried rebooting, reinstalling, etc, etc. Always the same error. Reinstalled 8.0.0.5 and that still works fine. This is under XPSP2 under VirtualBox 3.2.8.

I was going to try an earlier beta to see if I could find at what point they started to fail, but the link to the beta download just always points to 8.0.1.7 so I can't access any earlier beta download

Try completely removing the program and then reinstall using a new installer not the same one you used before as it might have become corrupt, and see what the outcome is
    Paid Not To Work
    US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
    Proudly Served On
    USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
    6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

kitdvd
      If I also may add update your OS to SP3
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

8017 DVD FAb

Downloaded the latest Beta update 8017 wouldn't run, reverted back to 8005 problem solved. I am going to be very wary about loading updates this is the second that I have created aproblem "If it works don't fix it".

Comment

Originally posted by jacobean View Post
          Downloaded the latest Beta update 8017 wouldn't run, reverted back to 8005 problem solved. I am going to be very wary about loading updates this is the second that I have created aproblem "If it works don't fix it".
          Hi Jak
          If everything is fine with 8005 you can use it but, you will need newer versions for the newer encryptions.
          Did you also run the installer as administrator???
          Hope everything is good with you I am getting ready for 1-2 inches of rain tomorrow
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
            Try completely removing the program and then reinstall using a new installer not the same one you used before as it might have become corrupt, and see what the outcome is
            I didn't use an installer, I just executed the binary .exe program I downloaded. I even redownloaded it- no go. I uninstalled the previous version, rebooted, installed fresh- no go. This was as admin. Nothing I do will make 8017 work.
            Last edited by kitdvd; 09-29-2010, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Downloaded the latest Beta update 8017 wouldn't run
              Interesting. So I am not the only one who cannot run 8017. Would you please tell us which OS version you are using, and if you got the same error message when you tried to launch it.

Comment

8017 DVD Fab

O.S. Windows 7 64 bit, No error code, window opens and I am advised that DVD fab is closing down. I will continue to use 8005,which is very stable, until I run into problems. Check the Web Site you can get a later version,beta, earlier than 8017. Unless you are running into problems with 8005 and it's working Ok....

Comment

O.S. Windows 7 64 bit, No error code
                  Well, I guess our problems are too dissimilar. Oh well. I will be patient- would be hard to believe I am the only person that has this exact problem when never having any problems with any prior version of DVDFab.

Check the Web Site you can get a later version,beta, earlier than 8017.
                  As I pointed out in the first post, there is no way (I can't find) to download any earlier betas. They are always using the same URL to point to the beta, regardless of which version is released. I was very curious to see if, for example, 8016 had the same problem.

Unless you are running into problems with 8005 and it's working Ok....
                  Yes, I was having an issue with one DVD and wanted to try the beta. Otherwise, 8005 is fine for me. But I am worried that if the beta won't run, then the next "official" version won't run either. And you can't just not upgrade for too long or the program won't work on newer discs.
                  Last edited by kitdvd; 09-30-2010, 12:06 AM.

Comment

I have the same problem with v8.0.1.7b

On XP SP3, I've been running all the v8 Upgrades through 8.0.1.6 just fine. After the Upgrade to 8.0.1.7 (I imagine it's v8.0.1.7b as I downloaded about an hour ago), DVDFab won't start with an Application Error Pop-Up. I've back-rev'd to v8.0.1.6 and DVDFab starts up just fine again.

I've never had this problem and believe that I started with DVDFab v3.

Thanks,

Comment

In addition to the Iron Man 2 fix, v8.0.1.7 has some changes to the crash report generator. That may be causing your problems, but it works fine on Win7Pro(64).
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

same prob

also using XP SP3.

Been using dvdfab for over a year, this is the first problem. getting same error code - 'failed to initiate application, blah blah blah, - then, click ok to terminate program. I will revert to prev version but really wanted to burn IM2 tonight. damn...

Comment

Originally posted by jeb2086 View Post
                          also using XP SP3.

Been using dvdfab for over a year, this is the first problem. getting same error code - 'failed to initiate application, blah blah blah, - then, click ok to terminate program.
                          Interesting, so that is now 4 of us with problems, 1 on win7, 3 on XP with identical problems. So it is not related to service pack 2 vs 3. It is also apparently started with 8.0.1.7 and not 8.0.1.6. I hope Fengtao is monitoring this thread... looks like a serious problem.

Comment

Originally posted by kitdvd View Post
                            Interesting, so that is now 4 of us with problems, 1 on win7, 3 on XP with identical problems. So it is not related to service pack 2 vs 3. It is also apparently started with 8.0.1.7 and not 8.0.1.6. I hope Fengtao is monitoring this thread... looks like a serious problem.
                            What is interesting is that I have XP pro SP3 and am not having a problem.

But.. this has happened before a few versions ago with some having this problem and others not..

It was fixed with a new release at that time.

Chances are there will be another beta release soon.

Comment

It worked fine on XP Pro SP3 for me. However, the problem has been duplicated by the developers and will be corrected in another release soon.
                              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                              X