This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No source options

I have installed the latest version (6.1.2.0) to my laptop. When I go to choose the "source" I have no options. Did something go wrong with the install or do I have some settings wrong?

DVDFab assumes the Source will be the optical drive unless you tell it otherwise by clicking on the Source folder or ISO icons. The Source dropdown will be empty until you have selected more than one Source and is cleared when you close DVDFab.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

It doesn't even automatically open the source dvd when I insert it. So it's almost like the source is not recognizing the optical drive??

Comment

Disable pathplayer and give it a whirl.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Good thought but still no luck even after disabling path player. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Is the drive recognised by Windoze?
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Yep - windows recognizes the drive and sees the disk

Comment

1. Is it just one particular disk or all disks?
                2. Have you tried playing the disk with the player software on your computer, then stopping it and then sarting Fab?

Other things to try are "reset DMA" and uninstalling the device under windows and then doing a reboot and let windows reinstall the device.

This certainly is a funny one...
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Same Problem

I'm having this same problem. I did a fresh install on my HTPC from Vista 64 Home Premium to Win7 64 Pro, reinstalled DVDFab, and now it won't recognize any disk. The disks play fine in windows, but DVDFab won't do anything. If I hit browse, I can browse into the DVD, but it still won't do anything.

I am accessing the HTPC through remote desktop, so I will try again from the local box to see if that helps.

Comment

Make sure that you install Fab and run it as "Administrator"

I think it might be some funny security quirk.

Comment

That did it!

I'm logging in remotely with admin account, but it apparently isn't running DVDFab with admin rights when I double click on it. When I right click on it and "Run as Administrator", it is now loading the DVD.

Thanks GregiBoy! I'm still running through remote desktop, so that is awesome!

Thanks again!

Comment

Maybe something similar is the source of rezqed's problem.

Glad it's now working.

Comment

For other people with this problem...

Just a note for those who don't know. You can right click on the DVDFab icon, select properties, click the "Compatibility" tab, and check the box "Run this program as the administrator" so that you don't have to right click on it every time and select "Run as administrator".

Thanks again GregiBoy!

Comment

I tried all the suggestions below and still no luck. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program with no luck.

This is an enigma!!!

Comment

Try this: in DVDFab Common Settings->DVD/Blu-ray->Read, set the I/O control mode to ASPI using the drop down selector.
                              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                              X