movie too long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

movie too long

I downloaded dvdfab copy version 8 for a trial. I copied a movie (Billy Elliot) and got an error at the end. The disk was full close to the end of the movie. I read that the trial version has compression in it. It says my trial ends 11/2010. So, I don't think that's my problem. Any ideas. This looks like a nice easy program if I can get it to work. thanks for your help.

Fab probably is just configured incorrectly.
    Be certain you have selected DVD5 (not DVD9) for target size on the initial screen.
    The Quality_% should reflect that you've done this correctly by displaying the amount of compression accurately.

Also, in Common Settings, be sure that you have not exceeded the max size of an SL dvd for the Write Size.
    This should be no larger than 4472 MB
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

You need at least 10GB of free space on your hard drive for the temp file that DVDFab writes (for DL original discs). To reduce the size needed, try using Main Movie mode and select DVD5 as the output size in the selector near the bottom of the DVDFab window. The product will work better with lots of free space and a drive where the files are not fragmented.

Too slow again LOL
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

ok dumb question.....

How do I find settings? I cannot see any options on the dvdfab copy screen. All I can see is the left menu with full disk, main movie, etc.

sorry. i'm not usually this dense. lol.

Comment

or would the settings be in imgburn?

Comment

I'd leave the default settings in Img...for now anyway.
            I doubt you'll have to change them

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

found it.

dvd write size = 4300 on settings

incomplete dvd produced says 0 free of 4.1 GB.

I'm almost certain it was dvd5, but i'll try again to confirm.

I did tryout this program once before. That was version 7 and it is still installed on my computer. It still says I have a month of trial on version 8. But, I think I will uninstall version 7 too.

Comment

running it again and it says dvd5 and 75% quality. looks like it should work. it says 5688 -> 4300 MB. will try now.

Comment

Sounds like all your settings are fine. That should burn to a SL disc with no problem.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

done. thank you very much for all your help.

I ran the process again and used a different media this time and it worked like a charm.

:-)

Comment

Good to hear and glad we could help

Comment

Working...
                      X