Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never had this before can anyone help

hi all

I've never experienced this before just wondering if anyone can help me. dvdfab worked fine on backing up this copy. But when imgburn started I got 2 unusual yellow triangles at 11:10:35 and 11:10:56 please say attachment. I was just wondering if there is anyone out there that knows what this means. I'm not too clued up on this and as I said this is the first time this has happened to me. Thank you in advance for your time and help.
    Attached Files
    :) never look down on anyone unless you're looking down at them to help them up:)

W 11:10:35 Waiting for buffers to recover... (LBA: 1069472)
    W 11:10:56 Waiting for hard disk activity to reach threshold level...
    not sure what that is but maybe someone else here will know

Comment

Thank you A G J for your quick reply. As I said I've never had this before, let's hope someone knows. I just played the copy and it plays ok. Once again thank you for your time and quick reply.
      :) never look down on anyone unless you're looking down at them to help them up:)

Comment

Here is a response from the author of ImgBurn to someone on the ImgBurn forum with same as you but there's did not work

Clean the drive with a cleaning disc
        Try a disc from a different spindle
        Try with some 2.4x speed verbatims (MKM-001-00 dye rather than the 8x MKM-003-00 one)

If all else fails, get yourself an external 'normal' size drive. Most slimline ones are rubbish for burning.
        Now you are not using DL media but you are using a slimline DVD Drive and this computer you use is probably laptop as well which does create more heat also

Comment

Here are a couple more quotes from the ImgBurn author again in response to same message someone else had

Your issue is nothing to do with ImgBurn, your machine just couldn't provide data quickly enough - maybe you were stressing the hdd at that point or it needs defragmenting.
          If the program just sits waiting for the buffers to reach the threshold level, you must have some other hard drive intensive app running.... shut it down!
          Give them a try see if fixes the message

Comment

Thank you A G J for your time and advice much appreciated. I am using a laptop, it's got about 1.5 gig of ram on it. And there's plenty of space on my hard drive. As for the dvd Drive I'm using a external lighton unit. This was brand new about a week ago. I've done about five backups and not had a problem with it. As for running programs in the background I never do I just run dvdfab on its own. One quick question for you if you don't mind when I got my new lighton DVD drive it comes with a neuro 9 essentials disc which I did not install, I didn't think I would need to install it because of I don't use nero and I didn't want to take up a lot of hard drive space that we never get used. I hope I've done right. Once again thank you for your time and experience.

Comment

I saw this on my older single core 64 bit machine that I put W7 64 on, the automatic backup function had begun during a burn and the optical drive's buffer ran dry. This is a risk anytime you multitask during a burn.
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

never before

TDK, I get the same thing all the time! I have an old PC! Dell optiplix 260, and I uselly just defragment my C drive(hhd) and that works most of the time!, but also if you let it run everything catches up with it's self and it will finish the burn and copy's are just fine! Look and sound great! Been doing it for years! Hopes this helps!

Comment

Thank you all for your advice . And to you 8855A it is a old laptop, I will de frag hard drive to see if that helps, as far as I know it's a intel celeron m . And I'm running Windows xp . like I said I've never seen this before. Oh well Christmas is coming hopefully get a more up-to-date laptop once again thank you all for your time and experience.

ps it's nice to have a good product and also to have the support of people like you lot. Thank you so much.

Comment

This is not uncommon on my old PC when using USB HDD and USB burner. I never had a bad burn when it happens though.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

never before

Your welcome TDK!

Comment

Hi tdk
                        I have also had this and was unsure why, I fixed it by Opening ImgBurn > Tools > Build (page2) > Read buffer size > set to 350 and restart, and it went away.
                        Hope this helps
                        CBR929
                        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I have my buffer set to 384 MB and have not had it happen on that PC recently.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

hi all

Thank you for all your advice. I just set my buffer speed at 384 to see what that will do. Hopefully that will work. My original buffer speed was set at 40 . So fingers crossed, I'm going to try a backup now, I will post the results back good or bad. Once again thank you for your time and experience.

Comment

hi all

It worked, a big thank you to everyone who gave me advice, i appreciate it, and thank you for your time, on the downside my wife was just coming around to getting me a new laptop for Christmas, unfortunately now with all your good advice you gave me, it looks like I'm getting a pair of socks and some cheap aftershave, once again thank you so much the lot of you.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X