Question on Merging 2 Disks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on Merging 2 Disks

I am merging the LOTR: Extended Version into one copy, but together they come out just over 10gb but with only able to select DVD9, its compressing the copy. Is there any way to merge 2 disks into one copy and not have it compressed to DVD9?

Thx

Hi sac130e,

You can use DVDFab to merge two DVD5 movie to a DVD9 without compression, but if you want to merge two DVD9 movie or all the merged movie materials over 9gb, that means you must compress them to a DVD9 or a DVD5.

Kind regards,
    sunny
    ________
    Life Saber Vaporizer
    Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny View Post
      Hi sac130e,

You can use DVDFab to merge two DVD5 movie to a DVD9 without compression, but if you want to merge two DVD9 movie or all the merged movie materials over 9gb, that means you must compress them to a DVD9 or a DVD5.

Kind regards,
      sunny
      Thx for the answer...sucks you can't use a higher level to combine DVD9 into a file greater then 9g. Any chances of this ability being added to future versions? If I copy each disk to my HDD as individual ISO's, could they then be combined into one without the compression? Just looking to avoid compression and maintain the image quality at 100%.

Thx

Comment

sac130e
        I do not understand your thread, as a DL Disc has a capacity of 8.5 Gb.
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
          sac130e
          I do not understand your thread, as a DL Disc has a capacity of 8.5 Gb.
          They want to merge 2 DVD9 together without compression to only keep on HDD and play from a media player. Currently DVDFab will not do that but will with compression so they fit a DVD9 blank

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
            They want to merge 2 DVD9 together without compression to only keep on HDD and play from a media player. Currently DVDFab will not do that but will with compression so they fit a DVD9 blank
            I see thank you
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

It is already requested in the feature request: . I think it has been mentioned a few times before.

Don't know why sunny would respond that it must be compressed even though he has responded earlier in the referenced thread that the request has been forwarded.

This feature should be easy to do. If the target is a folder or an ISO, the drop-down list (DVD5, DVD9) will also show "No compression" as an extra option to be selected.

Comment

Originally posted by toaddub View Post
                Don't know why sunny would respond that it must be compressed even though he has responded earlier in the referenced thread that the request has been forwarded.
                We should take care of all the needs of DVDFab users as possible as we can. Since sometimes they can not reach the referenced thread after scaning several items in a short time.
                ________
                Sauteing Food
                Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 01:54 PM.

Comment

I do not know if this will work or not it's getting late here but, can you make 2 full disk rips with Fab and use Imgburn > Create image files from files/folders and put the 2 rips in the source box and create 1 ISO image file of the 2 rips???
                  If there is no reply I will try to test this tomorrow as I am just curious about this.
                  CBR929

Originally posted by sac130e View Post
                  If I copy each disk to my HDD as individual ISO's, could they then be combined into one without the compression? .
                  Sorry sac130e, just reread your post and I like the way you think I to am wondering if this is possible
                  Last edited by CBR929; 10-19-2010, 03:55 AM. Reason: text

Comment

I think I would copy them as folders then combine them into an image with Build mode in ImgBurn. I have never tried this and have some doubts it will work, since it will exceed normal size. Be sure to have "remove layer break" checked in DVDFab common settings.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                    X