This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rip/Burn Speed

Before the update DVD Fab always ripped the movie at between 8.5 to 10 MB/s now no better than 1.9to 2.0 MB/s burning is the same.It used to take between 10 and 15 minutes to rip and 5 to 6 minutes to burn.Now it takes 50 to 60 minutes to rip and 20 to 35 minutes to burn. Help what happened???

Let's see if anyone else is noticing this. I am using v6.1.2.5 and I am not. I will move this thread to the DVD to DVD forum for better exposure.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

If this is with one movie I suspect a dirty disc.
      If with all movies I suspect a dirty lens on the reader/burner.

Also check to make sure the reader/burner is in the DMA mode and not PIO.

Comment

How do you make sure it is set to DMA....

Comment

Originally posted by C.Quff Link View Post
          How do you make sure it is set to DMA....
          There are several ways but the fastest is to use DVDFAB.
          Click on the green ? mark then click on general.
          at the bottom right you will see a box that will say reset dma now.

Also the last box on the left of the page should be checked to auto check dma.
          Not sure if the auto system really works but you need to cover all the options.

You did not say if the problem is with all movies or not.

Comment

Yes it was doing it for every movie.I tried what you suggested and it worked.I don't know how the settings got changed but they did.so here is a Thank You Gruñón.

Comment

excellent work Gruñón and C.Quff Link at least you not have to deal with a 2 hour rip and then burn like most who have the revert to PIO problem. Should take a look at the last DVD you did before you noticed the slower times as it could have a lot of scratches on it or be dirty and needs to be cleaned as that is usually what causes this to happen

Comment

There are times when we get lucky .
                Glad your problem was that easy to solve.

Comment

Working...
                X