This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copying across Regions

Before I change the region on one of my DVD drives I would like to know if it is possible to back-up my DVD from one region to another. I just received a DVD in the mail and was surprised to find out that it is not a Region 1 DVD. If possible, I would like to copy it from its native region to Region 1 so that I can watch it on the DVD players I have in my house. Is that possible with DVD Fab?

I thought DVDFab removes region code .... see product info:

"removes all the DVD protections (CSS, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs and Sony ARccOS)"

Isn't that what RC, RCE refer to? .... so when you make a backup with DVDFab, you end up with a copy with no region code restriction ...

jak

Comment

What jakish said is correct, your DVDFab copy will be all region. You should not need to reset your drive to copy the disc with DVDFab, just go to Common Settings->DVD-Blu-ray->Protection and set the RCE drop down box to whatever region the disc is coded for (and you may not find this step necessary unless the disc has RCE). If you do change the setting, don't forget to put it back on Region 1 when you're finished with the oddball disc.
      Last edited by signals; 09-10-2009, 08:55 PM.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by normcash25 View Post
        Before I change the region on one of my DVD drives I would like to know if it is possible to back-up my DVD from one region to another. I just received a DVD in the mail and was surprised to find out that it is not a Region 1 DVD. If possible, I would like to copy it from its native region to Region 1 so that I can watch it on the DVD players I have in my house. Is that possible with DVD Fab?
        if you are going to regularly backup disc of multiple regions you can also select the RCE setting of Ask Before Opening Disc. this way you will be presented with a window to change the setting without having to go into the settings window each time.
        Last edited by troy512; 09-11-2009, 03:10 AM.

Comment

Like a charm

Excellent. And it worked just fine. I didn't think my drive would be able to do anything with it unless the region was changed. I didn't want to have to do that. It was nice to be able to view the DVD I bought. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X