Get Message-Must Insert DL media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get Message-Must Insert DL media

The last time I used DVDFab I made a CLONE copy to a DVD9 disk via the VSO eng. Subsequently I download the newest Beta update. Today I attempted to copy a new DVD to a DVD5 disk and everytime I inserted a DVD5 disk to the 2nd optic drive I got a message stating that it would not Work and I HAD to insert a DL disk into the drive. I purchased the product a while back and familiar with the settings. I tried both Customize and Main Movie. It was Set to Use DVD5 Disk And DVD5 as the Default disk. I tried twice, then Deleted the current program, deleted extra folders found on Search (Those created in the past 30 days) and downloaded an earlier one (8.0.1.1I believe)- Restarted the PC and... I got the same INSERT a DL disk again. There must be an obvious fix that eludes me. Please help.
    Last edited by dan633; 10-30-2010, 06:48 AM.

I think what happened is when you installed the new beta, your registration key didn't get transfered, so you're running the free HD Decrypter until you put your key back in. And the free version will not compress to a DVD-5, I'm guessing that's why you're getting the "Insert Dual Layer Media" warning.
    SPECS
    DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
    SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

You can check the registration using the "?"->About to reach the welcome page. The options you have purchased should show your name as owner and say "Enabled" and have the correct expiration date (or say "Never Expire" if you have lifetime). Installing v8.0.3.1b or later should correct this.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

It says Enabled and expires next year- But based on the reply, A clear answer is not at hand...I just save to File now,(same drive in each box) then transfer to the same drive as the original (had the master DVD). Adds an extra short step to process, but should not be necessary, but works.

Comment

Hi dan633
          Do you have any logs or were they deleted???
          On the opening screen of Fab, on the bottom, select DVD5 and not DVD9.
          Also Open Fab Click the Green top right > DVD/Blu-Ray> Write make sure that writable media(DVD5) size is set to 4472 or less

Please post you logs the default location is:
          For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please just attach your most resent log(s) and post right here.
          CBR929
          Last edited by CBR929; 10-31-2010, 05:04 AM.
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by dan633 View Post
            It says Enabled and expires next year- But based on the reply, A clear answer is not at hand...I just save to File now,(same drive in each box) then transfer to the same drive as the original (had the master DVD). Adds an extra short step to process, but should not be necessary, but works.
            What is not clear is the version number you are using now, or other information we could get from the log files. Please update and try v8.0.3.2--if it still does not work, then post the new log files.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
            X