Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new policy for dvdfab hd decrypter updates?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new policy for dvdfab hd decrypter updates?

just to clarify this new policy, so basically even though we have a new v6.1.2.5 of dvdfab hd decrypter, it doesn't fix the new copy protection on Transformers 2,, and we must wait 30-60 days for this to be fixed in the free version?, if so , is this going to be the case for all new copy protections found in the future, and if so, what is the difference for dvdfab hd decrypter v6.1.2.5 from v6.1.2.0 if it doesn't address the new copy protection,

if this is the case, i guess you have no option but to buy the dvdfab program if you want the copy protection fixes right away?... can't complain because it's free, but it's sad as well,

You understand correctly. This will be the case for new protections and some new program features in the future as it stands now. A new release could contain bug fixes which would be in HD Decrypter immediately, so it's probably better to update. You can still wait for whatever new feature may be in a particular version, it will be in HD Decrypter before too long.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

when new versions are available, will the release notes let us know which features, protection updates are not included in the free dvdfab hd decrypter.. and again if so how would we know when say the new copy protection for transformers 2 will be available in the dvdfab hd decrypter (free version)... will it be in the release notes somewhere

thanks again

Comment

The release notes would make sense to me, but the first one won't happen for a while. It's up to Fengtao. It will be clearly stated.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi Signals, when new updates are posted will it have an area for registered users and one for free users. Or it doesn't matter because every update just overlaps the registered version you already have.

Comment

My understanding is that it will overlap the registered version.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

dvd decrypter

I am suddenly unable to copy using the dvd decrypter portion of the program. I understand that it is free, but when I try to burn the dvd from my hard drive to a blank dvd, i'm told that dvd to dvd has expired. Help, please, if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by ripvanwinkle1819 View Post
                Hi Signals, when new updates are posted will it have an area for registered users and one for free users. Or it doesn't matter because every update just overlaps the registered version you already have.
                Hi rip
                We have only seen the first one, but I think the plan is for the installer to be the same, just with the features not eligible for HD Decrypter to be disabled if there is no registration key. This is subject to change depending on what happens with this trial run of the new policy. If this changes there will be a new announcment.

Comment

Originally posted by drummajor View Post
                  I am suddenly unable to copy using the dvd decrypter portion of the program. I understand that it is free, but when I try to burn the dvd from my hard drive to a blank dvd, i'm told that dvd to dvd has expired. Help, please, if you can.
                  The free version does not include the burning engine, never has. Use ImgBurn instead.

Comment

The license agreement on 6.1.2.5 says the free version is to evaluate ALL the features, and that the reason there can be no refund is that you've already explored the software. So with the new policy (which contradicts the license), will refunds be available if users don't like the implementation of the 'hidden' features?
                    Walk softly, and carry a BIG SIX!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve83 View Post
                      will refunds be available if users don't like the implementation of the 'hidden' features?
                      The 30 day free trial will still have all options available but if you have already used up your trial for DVDFab and can only use the free HD decryptor then you will not get the updates right away. So to answer your question. No you will not get a refund because you did not pay for it since it free

Comment

Working...
                      X