DVDFab HD Decrypter - Unable to install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab HD Decrypter - Unable to install

Can someone help me? I am new to DVDFab. I downloaded DVDFab HD Decrypter v.8.0.3.2 but I am unable to install. I keep getting the error message:

<Internal error: Failed to expand shell folder constant "userappdata">

I am using Vista Home Premium 32-bit.

You must run the installer "As Administrator". Not sure about that error. Have never seen it reported.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

thanks Signals. That's the error message I get when I run it "As Administrator".

Comment

Hi giulina,

Please follow these steps to change your registry settings: (you should back up the registry before making any changes)

Click on “Start-Run, type “regedit” (without the quotes)
        Navigate to this registry path:
        HKEY_CURRENT_USER --> Software --> Microsoft --> Windows --> Current Version --> Explorer --> User Shell Folders
        Clear the key: Recent (right mouse click on the key/folder, choose “Delete”)
        Close the Registry Editor and restart the computer.

Then reinstall DVDFab HD Decrypter to see the result.

Regards,

mona

Comment

DVDFAB failed to install

Originally posted by signals View Post
          You must run the installer "As Administrator". Not sure about that error. Have never seen it reported.
          Signals, I have DVDFAB (paid version) already, and the lastest version failed to install. I got the same error message. It would'nt install over the previous version. I had to uninstall, delete the 5 hidden files in C Drive, the Fab folder in programs, delete prefech files, and delete the FAB Registry intries. Then I was able to install the present version. That's happened to me in the last few versions of FAB. I have to uninstall the present version to install the new one. That never happened until lately.

Comment

Working...
          X