Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cannot preview dvd anymore

friends,

i have recently upgraded my pc from xp to windows 7. when using xp, i could preview a dvd "at the bottom left of screen".

now using windows 7, the preview dosen't seem to work. i hit the play button and nothing happens.

thoughts? that in advance.

Works fine on my win7Pro machine. Check the decoder selection and controls in DVDFab Common Settings->Preview.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

my decoder is set on Direct Show

my video decoder is set on DVDFab Video Decoder

my audio decoder is set on DVDFab Audio Decoder

i apologize. i don't know what these SHOULD be set on

thanks!

Comment

The settings you posted should be fine.
        There have been some glitches with the Preview function in the past, and while you shouldn't have to do this...
        if you haven't already...enable
        Show preview window automatically
        &
        Play selected source automatically

Please update to v..8035 Beta if you've not done so.
        Does the Preview function work correctly during the rip?
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Also, if you have other video/audio decoders available on the list, give one of them a try.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi, Dorrell,

Another thing might be helpful:

You may need to update DirectX installation, 9.0c or later is required for preview to work properly. You can check the version and status of DirectX by running the "dxdiag" executable file found in most versions of windows.

Sincerely Yours
            Malcolm Wang

Comment

thanks for the tip malcom.

i have DirectX version 11.

Originally posted by malcolm View Post
              Hi, Dorrell,

Another thing might be helpful:

You may need to update DirectX installation, 9.0c or later is required for preview to work properly. You can check the version and status of DirectX by running the "dxdiag" executable file found in most versions of windows.

Sincerely Yours
              Malcolm Wang

Comment

yo MM!

i have tried all these things and still not working. however, the preview does work during the rip. just not before.

i'm not giving up yet

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                The settings you posted should be fine.
                There have been some glitches with the Preview function in the past, and while you shouldn't have to do this...
                if you haven't already...enable
                Show preview window automatically
                &
                Play selected source automatically

Please update to v..8035 Beta if you've not done so.
                Does the Preview function work correctly during the rip?

Comment

thought i'd give you all an update:

i'm getting the preview now, but it plays twice as fast and with no sound.

i have the latest drivers for video cards and version 11 of DirectX.

forum member Sunny - advised me to change my preview decoder to "internal."

any other thoughts??

Comment

i'm downloading the latest version now (8040) to see if this makes a difference.

Comment

Internal will not provide audio or selectable subpix. Please post what you find with the new version.

Comment

i just downloaded the latest version 8040. it's still not working.

when i have the decoder set to internal, it still plays twice as fast and with no sound. just like signals said it would

here's where it gets interesting.....

i set the decoder on direct show. as far as the video and audio decoder goes -
                        when they are NOT on the dvdfab's - the preview window closes after i hit the play button. if i leave them on dvdfab's decoders - it never plays and the window stays open.

Comment

On my system I had to disable direct 3D acceleration in directx, and use directshow to get the preview to work, which seems a little bit far fetched, but never the less it works.

Comment

i'm up for trying anything

thanks friend.

Originally posted by SWB048 View Post
                            On my system I had to disable direct 3D acceleration in directx, and use directshow to get the preview to work, which seems a little bit far fetched, but never the less it works.

Comment

Originally posted by SWB048 View Post
                              on my machine - it says direct 3D acceleration is n/a.

Comment

Working...
                              X