Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

last 3 versions won't analyze dvd to copy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

last 3 versions won't analyze dvd to copy?

I cannot tell you how frustrating this is. I have the Lifetime/Platimum version DVDFab. Up until about 1 month ago everything was working fine until I downloaded the newest version. (at that time 10/16/10)
    Fast forward to yesterday when I received my 5th email from the "support team".

As instructed, I AGAIN uninstalled the previous version then I installed the 8.0.3.2 beta and opened dvdfab. The auto detect informed me there was a new upgrade to 8.0.4.0 so I installed the latest version.

I then opened the DVDFab program, inserted the original movie DVD to the DVD drive and it recognized the original DVD. I clicked start and it analyzed in less than 1 second and told me to insert a writable cd in the drive so it could copy. I did that and after it copied there is nothing on the disk. The problem is, I think, that the analyzing process is not working properly. How do I fix that? Pathplayer is enabled and I am the administrator.

Computer: Toshiba
    Model: Satellite A215
    Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual core processor
    Ram: 2.00 GB
    32 bit OS
    Windows Vista

Any help or knowledge on this problem would be greatly appreciated. I did a search before posting but did not find anything specific to this problem. Also hoping this is in the right section.

Thanks in advance.

Log files read as such:

DVDFab 8.0.4.0 (2010/11/12 09:57:40)

0m 03.63s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
    0m 33.63s: detected dvd
    0m 33.66s: drive D
    0m 33.66s: dvd type 1
    0m 33.66s: volume label LWORD
    0m 40.71s: got copyright 1 c0
    0m 48.90s: got udf/iso
    0m 54.30s: got discinfo
    0m 54.30s: pathplayer enabled
    0m 54.55s: got dvdinfo

09:58:51: Analyzing of DVD started
    09:58:51: Analyzing of DVD completed successfully
    09:58:51: Copy process started
    09:58:51: Copy process completed successfully

Originally posted by mel12944 View Post
    I then opened the DVDFab program, inserted the original movie DVD to the DVD drive and it recognized the original DVD. I clicked start and it analyzed in less than 1 second and told me to insert a writable cd in the drive so it could copy.
    Hi mel12944, we suggest you copy source DVD to HDD firstly, make sure you can get this process successful, then burn the copied movie files to blank disc. This would be safe for avoiding an empty backup.

regards,

mona

Comment

You may be administrator on the computer but when you installed DVDFab did you right click the install file and select to install as administrator. Just because you are logged in as administrator does not mean the programs you install are installed as administrator.

Since you running Vista you may want to try right clicking the DVDFab desktop icon and select run as administrator. Do not burn to DVD but save the file to computer instead so you not use up another blank.

Comment

Thank you for the replies. Neither help me tho. (sorry)

"we suggest you copy source DVD to HDD firstly"

Dumb question but What is HDD? hard drive?

Also, I checked and I am already admin of the dvdfab program. Not sure really why there is an issue now. It has never happened before and I am at a loss as to how to fix it. It isn't analyzing tho it says it did?

Comment

"we suggest you copy source DVD to HDD firstly"
          Dumb question but What is HDD? hard drive?
          Also, I checked and I am already admin of the dvdfab program. Not sure really why there is an issue now. It has never happened before and I am at a loss as to how to fix it. It isn't analyzing tho it says it did?
          HDD, Yes is hard drive.
          AGJ did not ask if you are the administrator, he asked if you Installed the Installer as Administrator

Instead of clicking run click save then open the folder and right click and install the program as Administrator.
          Also do this
          Originally posted by AGJ View Post
          Since you running Vista you may want to try right clicking the DVDFab desktop icon and select run as administrator. Do not burn to DVD but save the file to computer instead so you not use up another blank.
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Im sorry, I should have been more clear. It was installed as admin. I uninstalled it all and reinstalled and still the same problem.

Comment

Im sorry, I should have been more clear. It was installed as admin. I uninstalled it all and reinstalled and still the same problem.
              Hi mel12944,

1) Please try to install the latest beta version 8.0.4.6 at to copy again.

2) Please try choosing another options of DVDFab DVD Copy if you have not used yet, and see the result.

3) For your problems, could you please use other DVDs to copy again and see if this is a universal problem, or just for this one DVD?

Best regards,
              Anny
              DVDFab Support Team

Comment

Originally posted by Anny View Post
                Hi mel12944,

1) Please try to install the latest beta version 8.0.4.6 at to copy again.

2) Please try choosing another options of DVDFab DVD Copy if you have not used yet, and see the result.

3) For your problems, could you please use other DVDs to copy again and see if this is a universal problem, or just for this one DVD?

Best regards,
                Anny
                DVDFab Support Team
                Thanks Anny. I did everything above and still the same problem. This happens with any dvd not just the one.

I then tried to copy using the main movie function. In doing so, THAT gives me a task failed error.

Comment

This is so much fun. NOT! lol

So, I uninstalled all versions and re-installed the Platinum 4 version from Jan 2008. Yes, a step back in time. BUT voila, it worked. Slowly, but it worked. It did tell me there was an upgrade to 8.0.4.0 so I did the upgrade and guess what? Same problem. It will not copy successfully. It analyzes and goes to copy process and SAYS copied successfully but the whole thing took less than a second and again, nothing in the folder but a file with the dvd name.

I then opened dvd4 again but now it will not even recognize the cd in the drive.

I am getting nowhere fast.

Comment

internal log

DVDFab 8.0.4.0 (2010/11/16 09:50:25)

0m 03.21s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
                    0m 40.03s: detected dvd
                    0m 40.07s: drive D
                    0m 40.07s: dvd type 1
                    0m 40.07s: volume label LWORD
                    3m 36.71s: got copyright 1 fe
                    3m 39.61s: terminate process

DVDFab 8.0.4.0 (2010/11/16 09:54:19)

0m 02.15s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
                    0m 48.76s: detected dvd
                    0m 48.79s: drive D
                    0m 48.79s: dvd type 1
                    0m 48.79s: volume label LWORD
                    1m 11.62s: got copyright 1 c0
                    2m 04.94s: got udf/iso
                    3m 01.33s: detected dvd
                    3m 01.36s: drive D
                    3m 01.36s: dvd type 1
                    3m 01.36s: volume label LWORD
                    3m 01.46s: got copyright 1 c0
                    3m 21.91s: got udf/iso

Comment

It looks like something is interfering with DVDFab's access to the drive and/or execution of some of its modules. It may be your operating system or some other software that you have installed since the problem started. I offer the following suggestions:

1) physically uninstall the optical drive, then reinstall it to force windows to reload the driver.

2) temporarily (or permanently)turn off UAC (user access control) in Windows control panel.

3) make sure all of the dvdfab exe files are on the exception list for DEP (data execution prevention) in Windows control panel

4) to check for software conflicts, install ImgBurn (free) and under Tools, select "Filter driver load order". You can either delete any entries that appear or just click the Copy to Clipboard button and paste the results into a post here. If you click "Remove", the software that placed the filter(s) may quit working until you re-install it.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                      X