Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(8.0.5.6) Stutter / Jurkiness present (less severe than 8.0.5.3) in .mp4 conversions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi fishyuk
    Please try using software settings to do this
    Please Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVDFab screen, and open Common Settings > General >A/V Codec, set Video Decoder to Software and set Video Encoder to Software restart Fab and try again.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
      Hi fishyuk
      Please try using software settings to do this
      Please Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVDFab screen, and open Common Settings > General >A/V Codec, set Video Decoder to Software and set Video Encoder to Software restart Fab and try again.
      CBR929
      Yep, encode nearly finished..Will post back but hopeful. Thinking about it my recent successes were prior to the new Stream addition. Encoding rate drops by about 5-10fps. Not the end of the world.

Comment

Hmm, still jerky. New log attached.

I guess I could lower the bitrate or try single pass but any suggestions?

PC CPU cores not under high utilisation under playback so sure it isn't the system causing playback issues.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RClark View Post
          I get a jerky/stutter in my mp4 rips as well. I found that this usually has to do with the number ref frames that x264 uses. You can try editing the profile to use a different preset. I've had luck with using <x264 preset="x264_dp_PD-iPad-1080p.preset" />. You'll want to make a copy of your changes as you will need to change this each time you update Fab. Hope this helps.
          Did you give this a try (assuming that you are doing H264 encoding)? It worked for me.

Comment

Did you give this a try (assuming that you are doing H264 encoding)? It worked for me.
            Thanks for the reply, where do I do this and can I maintain 5:1 audio and high bitrate. I'm aiming for the max quality RIP if possible. I'll then use those in the future of my home server if I need to down convert to a tablet, phone etc.

Comment

All of my conversions were single pass 23.97 fps and to slightly smaller screen sizes (702,720Xxxx), bitrate about 1.5-1.7 Mbps. A/V Codec settings all Software for most of them, a few encode Software+CUDA.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by fishyuk View Post
                Thanks for the reply, where do I do this and can I maintain 5:1 audio and high bitrate. I'm aiming for the max quality RIP if possible. I'll then use those in the future of my home server if I need to down convert to a tablet, phone etc.
                Close out of Fab if it is running. Using Blu-ray Ripper -> XBox 360 as an example. This profile has 5:1 audio and uses H264 video encoding into a mp4 container. The profile is stored in C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 8 Qt\profiles2\xbox360.mp4.hd.xml (I'm using 64 bit windows hence the (x86) in the directory name).

Edit this file and look for this line:
                <x264 preset="x264_PS3_Xbox360_Fast.preset" />

Change the line to:
                <x264 preset="x264_dp_PD-iPad-1080p.preset" />

The maximum bit rate for this profile is set at 10000. This a bit low for what you want so lets remove this limitation.

Still editing the same as above look for this line:
                <encode codec="h264" bitrate_kbps="2000" maxbitrate_kbps="10000" >

Change the line to:
                <encode codec="h264" bitrate_kbps="2000" >

Start Fab, go to Blu-ray Ripper and select Xbox 360. Select your source. In the profile drop-down select xbox360.mp4.hd (which is the profile we just modified), click edit and adjust the settings to your needs.

Good luck!

Comment

Close out of Fab if it is running. Using Blu-ray Ripper -> XBox 360 as an example. This profile has 5:1 audio and uses H264 video encoding into a mp4 container. The profile is stored in C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 8 Qt\profiles2\xbox360.mp4.hd.xml (I'm using 64 bit windows hence the (x86) in the directory name).

Change the line to:

The maximum bit rate for this profile is set at 10000. This a bit low for what you want so lets remove this limitation.

Change the line to:

Start Fab, go to Blu-ray Ripper and select Xbox 360. Select your source. In the profile drop-down select xbox360.mp4.hd (which is the profile we just modified), click edit and adjust the settings to your needs.

Good luck!
                  Spot on. Admittedly only done one encode but the Orphenage worked a treat with your 360 settings (used 15Mb and two pass with software). Might try re-enabling Steam to see if that still works for speed/quality. Thanks for that!

Come on DVDFab, this is an old thread and obviously something wrong with profiles if so easily fixable by a forum member!

Comment

Originally posted by fishyuk View Post
                    Spot on. Admittedly only done one encode but the Orphenage worked a treat with your 360 settings (used 15Mb and two pass with software). Might try re-enabling Steam to see if that still works for speed/quality. Thanks for that!

Come on DVDFab, this is an old thread and obviously something wrong with profiles if so easily fixable by a forum member!
                    Good to hear! Glad it worked for you.

Comment

Originally Posted by RClark

Change the line to:

Change the line to:

Good luck!
                      the stuttering and jerkiness is still present for me as well using the MP4 format under the stock profile. But his edits seem to be working really good thanks RClark. I think DVDFab needs to go back and look at their profiles to make sure they are setup correctly.
                      Last edited by ANNIHILATOR001; 05-24-2011, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Your welcome!

Comment

Working...
                        X