Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two pass conversion - worth it for iPad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Two pass conversion - worth it for iPad?

While waiting for my iPad to be delivered, I want to get my library ripped and transferred over to iTunes. My question: Is there really a noticeable difference in the ripped video/audio when using the two-pass conversion option for the default iPad profile?

Thanks in advance!

I have tested this many times, going back to the earliest versions that had what was then called "DVD to Mobile". I work in video and have never been able to see a difference that was worth the extra processing time, especially if you are using one of the h264 profiles. If you want really good quality, just run the bitrate up until the bits/pixel gets to around 0.35 or so (with h264) and I think you will find it everything you need. You can make tests doing short conversions using the title start/end settings control.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X