8.0.6.0 - MP4 with AAC 5.1 Channel Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) 8.0.6.0 - MP4 with AAC 5.1 Channel Issues

Ripping blu-rays to MP4 with 5.1 AAC still has the same issue with incorrect channel output -- all center output to right speakers and nothing from the left rear.

Please, someone at DVDFab fix this as this has obviously been an ongoing issue for several revisions of Blu-ray ripper.

Thanks

hi,

I have fixed this problem in the previous version, and test it in 5.1 surround system, which is connect PS3 through SPDIF, the source is "Saving_Private_Ryan".

thanks.

Comment

Actually, it appears that you've only fixed the issue halfway. I have several attempts at ripping Iron Man that still exhibit the channel problem even in the newest version of Blu-ray Ripper (8.0.6.0).

Here's what I believe to be part of the issue -- as it turns out, several of my BR to MP4/AAC 5.1 rips ARE in fact working. Some, like Iron Man mentioned above ARE NOT. All are fresh rips with the newest version.

It seems that DVDFab will successfully convert those BR's using a DTS-HD soundtrack to AAC/5.1 with the correct speaker/channel assignments.

DVDFab does not, however, convert those BR's mastered in Dolby TrueHD such as Iron Man, correctly. Each rip I've completed with discs that have a TrueHD main soundtrack have the channels incorrectly mapped.

I believe you'll find that Saving Private Ryan has a DTS-HD main soundtrack.

Hope this helps...

~C~
      Last edited by colossus71; 12-17-2010, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Great detective work, C !!!!
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

This problem appears also on 7.1 channels dolby true HD.I believe that the problem occured after v8.0.4.6beta but I am not sure.

Comment

Addendum: the problem still exists when converting Uncompressed PCM soundtracks to AAC/5.1 as well.

~C~

Comment

Bump to keep this going... This needs to be fixed or I'll be looking for a refund.

Comment

hi,

Thanks the information, I will try to using TrueHD and LPCM to test it.

Comment

Thanks ting!

Comment

bump

Comment

Do not bump threads so often, especially after you have had a response from the developer. It won't get it fixed any faster. I think there is a fix for this in v8.0.6.3, please try it.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                      X