Large but empty VOBs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Large but empty VOBs?

I've had a lot of success ripping DVDs of one British TV series so I thought I'd do another. This time I got some odd results.

The series is 'Open All Hours' and consists of half hour episodes. The first DVD has six episodes and showed in DVDFab as having:
    • A single three-hour track.
    • Six half hour tracks.

Everything I rip comes out at about the right size using VOB pass-through but only consists of a few empty frames when played back. Can anyone shed any light on this?

For what it's worth the other series is no problem. I've ripped over three dozen of those (which probably gives a clue as to what series that is, lol) with no problems. Each episode produces just over a gigabyte of data.

This is one of my favorite britcoms and I have the box set, so I will try it and see how it works for me.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Some years of Dexter are the same..
      4 episodes or one 4 hour.

I experimented and found that doing the 4 hour or doing all 4 episodes resulted in exactly the same thing.
      So no benefit in using one over the other.

Of course the option to copy each episodes individually is also there which I used to rip each hour separately to a hard drive to watch via a media player.

When burning to a disk just use one long track .

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
        When burning to a disk just use one long track .
        I'm not burning to disc, though. I'm storing the VOBs on my server and streaming over the network to a PS3 or a Windows machine.

Comment

Working...
        X