Converting to iPhone Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Converting to iPhone Not Working

I am using 8.0.6.8 and trying to convert a movie to run on my iPhone 3G. I am using DVD Ripper and selecting the following iPhone setting (used all the defaults):

"The profile is used to create mp4(h264 + aac) file, which can be played in iPhone."

All seems to work and I can play the movie in iTunes. However, when I try and drag the file to my iPhone, iTunes says it cannot be copied because it cannot be played on this iPhone.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

srm

Hi srm,

Please set "ipod.h264" or "ipod.mpeg4" as profile to convert again to see the result.

Regards,

mona

Comment

Hi shawnmsrm:
      The "tags" of Mp4 and iPod/iPhone are NOT same whcih will be read by iPhone. So if you want to play the file by iPhone 3G, please use the iPod/iPhone option and "iPhone" profile.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I am using the (DVD Ripper / iPod/iPhone / iPhone) profile and it is not working. I'm new to the software and just using all the defaults. Is this a bug in the software and if yes, is there any work around?

Shawn

Comment

hi,

Originally posted by shawnmsrm@gmail.com View Post
          Thanks for the feedback. I am using the (DVD Ripper / iPod/iPhone / iPhone) profile and it is not working. I'm new to the software and just using all the defaults. Is this a bug in the software and if yes, is there any work around?

Shawn
          I check the iPhone profile, which maybe have little problem, when you select multi-channel source, you need open "Conversion Settings" dialog, and change the audio / channel to "Stereo / Dolby Surround / Dolby ProLogic II", and try it again.

we will fix the channel problem in next version.

or you also can try to using iPodTouch profile first.

thanks.

Comment

Thank you. I wil try both approaches.

Comment

You noted to use "Stereo / Dolby Surround / Dolby ProLogic II". There are the following options:

Dolby Surround / Dolby ProLogic
              Dolby ProLogic II

i'm assuming you mean "Dolby Surround / Dolby ProLogic". Correct?

Comment

Just try both using a short conversion of a chapter or two (using the Title Start/End Settings button).
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks. I tried "Dolby Surround / Dolby ProLogic" under the iPhone profile but still not luck. Maybe there is another setting that is not working.

I then tried the iPodTouch profile and that seemed to work.

I don't know much about these settings and their meaning, but it the Fixed Bitrate and Fixed File size are different when looking at the settings.
                  Last edited by srm; 01-09-2011, 10:44 PM.

Comment

That is normal.
                    I just did a conversion for my son's iPhone4 using the IPhone4 h264 profile in DVD Ripper and it worked perfectly, set for Stereo audio, one pass , 720x404, fixed bitrate set for 2030kbps. iTunes had no problem with it. I realize you have a different phone, you might try a different (lower) screen size and bitrate. I think the Ipod MPEG4 profile should also play in the 3G, as someone else suggested. At least you have a profile that works now.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks.

iTunes works every time playing the movie. What does not work is when I try to transfer the movie to my iPhone 3G. That is when iTunes complains it wont transfer the movie since it cannot be played on the iPhone.

DVD Ripper - iPod/iPhone / iPhone Profile* - Works fine in iTunes but DOES NOT transfer to the iPhone.

DVD Ripper - iPod/iPhone / iPod Touch Profile - Works fine in iTunes AND IT DOES transfer to iPhone.

* - I took the file created by the iPhone Profile setting (that one that did not work transferring to the iPhone) and ran it through the "Create iPod or iPhone version" in iTunes. After the conversion, I was then able to be transfer the movie to my iPhone. This is why I'm thinking there must be some setting in the iPhone profile that is not correct.

Comment

Yes, shawnmsrm, you are right. iPhone profile have a "bug" and isn't correct. We have fixed this issue, but you can use it until next build.

Comment

Thxs for letting me know and that the item will be fixed in the next version.

Comment

Similar issues with iPod Nano 4th gen.

Hi shawnmsrm,

I've been having similar issues with DVD Ripper since the release of DVDFab version 8. (See forum thread HERE.)

I believe that the iPod/iPhone device profiles in ver. 8 have been updated to be compatible with the most recent Apple products. Normally updates are a good thing however in this case, the resulting rips seem to have compatibility and playback issues with "older" devices. (If someone would like to send me a brand new iPod in order to confirm this - let me know!)

My iPod rips also playback fine on the PC, and will transfer over iTunes, but try playing the video on a Nano 4th gen - and the iPod crashes! (Black-screen/reset required)

NOTE: I've had no problems whatsoever with DVD Copy, only the DVD Ripper has been giving be headaches! My current workaround is to just use DVDFab version 7 for all rips.

Cheers,

Organdude

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. Will try again in the next version.

Comment

Working...
                              X