Audio will not sync with video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio will not sync with video

I'm using DVDFab to rip DVD to a folder on my desktop, and ripping them using DVD to Mobile...to WMV. I'm converting to WMV, bc I like to save movies I like to my external hard drive, and then hook up to my xbox to watch on my TV. Before putting it on my EHD I like to check to make sure audio and video is sync, 75% of the time it is not. Typically if it does not work I will try using other software, and most of the time that does not work neither. Any suggestions? It's so annoying!

Which DVDFab profile are you using, the one for Xbox? What are you using to test the playback on your PC? How about on your Xbox, how is the A/V sync? Which version number of DVDFab? Please supply more info.

Please do not mention other software in this forum, it has nothing to do with DVDFab. Also, I am moving your post to the DVD Ripper forum so more Xbox profile users can see it and possibly help.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I meant do the files have correct A/V sync when you play them on the Xbox. Please try playing them with VLC Media Player (free) on your PC.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Could as well use your Internal logs located in document-dvdfab-log

Comment

Try Xvid MP3

I have 3 Xbox consoles in my house and have found that for DVDs Xvid video with MP3 sound is the best option IMO. Make sure your bits/pixel is about .3 and you'll be very happy with the picture.

Ripping blu-rays is another story. In that case, use WMA because the xbox seems to periodically choke on the Xvid. But as you probably already know, the external hard drive has to be formatted in Fat32 for the Xbox to read it and you can't have files larger than 4GB on Fat32....so ripped blu-rays need to be streamed from the computer.

Comment

WMV is the only format with acceptable quality that supports 5.1 sound in my opinion. It has been plagued with A/V Sync problem that remain unresolved since September 2009 - search the forums and you'll find lots of threads...

VLC plays the output files properly, but WMP and the Xbox 360 do not... So it really doesn't matter if VLC plays them properly - the only thing that really matters is the desired output and that's the Xbox...

Good luck & don't hold your breath...

Comment

I was able to get it to work with Xbox format

I was able to get it to work when using the xbox format, however when trying to use the PC the audio and video did not sync. I'm going to try and see if this way continues to work. Thank you for all your help

Comment

Any real suggestions?

KMR is right. VLC plays the file fine but Windows and Xbox don't. Any real suggestions for the best possible fix to convert BD to Xbox MC?

Comment

We have found this issue and trying to fix it. Please give us more time.
                  Thanks for support!

Comment

Working...
                  X