This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD to ISO, new title, Streaming Problem

I have several DVD's that I am streaming to my tv. The file is ripped using the latest version of DVDFAB. However movies like Wall E, Fly Me to the Moon, Lone Star State of Mind for what ever reason result in a black screen with no audio or video when streaming.

Does anyone know why this happen?
    Is there a way to convert the file from an ISO using DVD fab to another format?
    Or is there a way to save to any other format other than ISO?
    Last edited by dcatcha; 09-13-2009, 12:11 PM.

Welcome to the DVDFab Official Forum.

Most streaming is done with MPEG-4 filetypes that are created using the DVD to Mobile option to create AVI, MP4, MKV etc. files. The correct format will depend on your media serving hardware and its format requirements. DVD to Mobile can use your ISO files as a source for these conversions. I'll move this discussion to the DVD to Mobile forum if I can make all the buttons work. Fasten your seatbelt.

Originally posted by dcatcha View Post
    I have several DVD's that I am streaming to my tv. The file is ripped using the latest version of DVDFAB. However movies like Wall E, Fly Me to the Moon, Lone Star State of Mind for what ever reason result in a black screen with no audio or video when streaming.

Does anyone know why this happen?
    Is there a way to convert the file from an ISO using DVD fab to another format?
    Or is there a way to save to any other format other than ISO?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

In addition to signals always sage advice, a few thoughts/comments.

Do these .ISO files play ok when played directly from your hdd, say with VLC?

Yes, it's a simple matter for Fab to 'convert' an .ISO file to dvd compliant structure, ie., VIDEO_TS FOLDER AND AUDIO_TS FOLDER...
      and vice versa. Just select the approriate icons for source and destination on your hdd(s).

I'm a little confused about your question as to saving to formats other than .ISO since Fab has always saved to a VIDEO_TS FOLDER AND AUDIO_TS FOLDER.
      What application of Fab and what version are you using?

I know Wall E presented some problems for Fab when it was released, but I was able to create a bkup and both the hdd files and bkup play without any issues. I can't speak to the other films.

I haven't begun the process of streaming yet myself, but I hope to do so soon. As signals said, the format is variable and I will probably do a combination of .vob and h264, but I'll have to experiment for a bit, since I have no experience with streaming at all.

One other thought...are the movies that you successfully stream less thab 4 GB?
      If you are using FAT32 file system, you cannot exceed 4 GB for a maximum file size which becomes a problem with .ISO files.
      While I don't know much about streaming, I know at least some devices require FAT32 as opposed to NTFS....PS3 being one.
      Last edited by maineman; 09-13-2009, 06:28 PM.
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

What sort off device are you using to stream, Brand Model, etc? Details will help.

I have quite a few different streaming devices and use both the generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy profile and the generic.avi.h264.audiocopy profiles depending on the target device with good results and a quarter of the file size.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

You didn’t say but if you are streaming wireless you may get unexpected and unexplainable problems. Streaming should be all wired all the time.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
            You didn’t say but if you are streaming wireless you may get unexpected and unexplainable problems. Streaming should be all wired all the time.
            I disagree a little.

From my own personal experience with 5 different wireless network media players, I have found that reliability over wireless is dependant upon the bitrate of the file being streamed.

I have no problems up to about 1500 video bitrate but after that, forget it!!!!

I use a H263 (XVid) profile for all of my movies that I want to steam wirelessly and never have a problem and the quality is good.

ISO's, IFO's HD..... No way
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thread title: "DVD to ISO, new title, Streaming Problem", I think we agree GregiBoy!
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
              X