Despicable Me output file glitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Despicable Me output file glitch

I recently started ripping BD and this movie was the first one I tried. Have used 8073 & 8076 beta. I have a registered license.

Firstly, DVDFab refuses to open any BD's I've tried on it's own, but will open already ripped (with competitor program) files.

I did the 1920x1040 rip with DTS-HD audio in 5.1 (448kbps) and later the same with 2.0 stereo and then prologic II (which I found to be the best sounding audio).

All versions were done with 1 pass encoding and all versions glitched out in WMP11 & WMP12 at exactly the same moment (1:25:07).

Tech "support" was no help, so I kept fiddling. I tried 2 pass encoding and outputted to an .mp4. Unfortunately, DVDFab treats all .mp4 options as ipad or iphone, so the output file looked a lot crappier than the original .avi's. Though, this output version did not error out at the time index.

I then tried 2 pass encoding a few more times, going back to .avi and fiddling with the bitrate slider. It seemed like the higher I slid it, the smaller the output filesize was. Is this right?

Anyway, I still keep getting the same glitch at the same time. Following is the log from one of the early, 1 pass attempts.

Since then , I have done the entire series 5 of Doctor Who from usually troublesome BBC discs and another movie with no problems.

Someone wrote on another board that Despicable Me might use "seamless branching" and the glitch might be where there is a "file change". Is there a list somewhere of movies that have this problem/issue?

dvdfab_internal.log

Make sure that:
    1) you completely exit the other program(s) before starting DVDFab
    2) you have a live internet connection that DVDFab can access

I had no problem with this disc but it was done with an earlier version of DVDFab, not the one you are using.

If you can't open any Blu-ray, something is blocking DVDFab's access to the drive or the internet.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I exit [the other software] because DVDFab will alert me that it's open, if it is.
      Internet connection is no problem, it's cable broadband.

Like I said, this is the only BD I've had any issue with so far, at least as far as using the already ripped files as a source.

Seems weird that a later version would have more trouble.

DVDFab shows the name of the BD in the drive as it's trying to open it, but the progress indicator just goes and goes and goes. It never stops, whereas using the pre-ripped files it goes 3 or 4 times and brings up the info.

Comment

I re-ripped from the files on emore time. When I slid the bitrate slider up to over 10000 kbps (and the Fixed File Size increased and the Bits/Pixel went higher with 1920x1040 still checked) I definitely got a smaller & lower quality output file (1.3GB instead of 4.9GB) but it didn't have the glitch. This is with 1-Pass encoding again.

I can't figure why it makes a smaller output file with higher values. Doesn't make any sense.

Comment

Working...
        X