converted DPG video pauses/lags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper converted DPG video pauses/lags

I have searched the posts and found similar reference to this question but there was never a solution posted.

DVDfab converts dvd to dpg file with no problem to my computer hard drive using default and modified settings in dvdfab software. However, playback on NDS M3i card results in lagging/pausing video. In dvdfab conversion settings, I have reduced frame rate, increased and decreased bit rate, changed audio settings but nothing I have tried fixes the video lag.

Free download tests of other dpg converters do not have this problem, but the quality is not as good as DVDfab and the others do not offer the ability to convert to dpg straight from the disc like DVDfab does. I would really like to get the DVD fab software to work.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Fishinggent

I don't have a NDS so I don't think I can help you very much, but when I had similar trouble on cellphones, I would reduce the screen size, set the framerate at about 18fps and the bitrate to produce a bits/pixel of about .15, which sometimes helped. If the file is fragmented on the memory card it can cause similar problems. Also try reducing the bitrate of the audio stream. Download MEdiaInfo (free) if you don't have it and use it to see what characteristics the files have that will play (size, bitrate,framerate etc.) and try setting the same things in DVDFab.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you, I will try that

Fishinggent

Comment

Frame rate adjustment does not work

Hello Signals. Thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately I still request any help that you or anyone can give me. The DVDfab DVD Ripper is not working per the desired settings. It seems that despite reducing the frame rate using DVD ripper to convert to dpg format, all converted files retain a frame rate of 24fps according to Mediainfo. The other variables (bit rate, kbs, etc.) do change but the frame rate remains at 24fps no matter what frame rate is selected. The only kbs selection for audio is 64kbs and the audio does not pause. And I did click OK after making the selections in DVD ripper

The other software that converts to dpg and plays correctly (without pausing) on the NDS is as follows

General : C:\Users\Alan\Videos\LEGEND_OF_THE_GUARDIANS.Title 100.dpg
        Format : DPG at 311 Kbps
        Length : 6.66 MiB for 2mn 59s 892ms

Video #0 : MPEG Video at 199 Kbps
        Aspect : 256 x 144 (1.778) at 15.000 fps

Audio #0 : MPEG Audio at 112 Kbps
        Infos : 2 channels, 32.0 KHz

What do I need to do to get the DVDfab software to change the frame rate? The only reason I bought this software is to convert movies to my kids NDS consoles and it wont work. I think because it will not convert the frame rate as selected.

Below are the Mediainfo conversions made with DVD fab. You can see the settings I used in the title. Notice that they are all at a 24fps despite the DVDfab selected frame rate. They all still pause/lag the video

General : C:\Users\Alan\Documents\DVDFab
        ds\LOSTWORLD169\LOSTWORLD43.130kbs.10fps..264bp.dp g
        Format : DPG at 193 Kbps
        Length : 30.0 MiB for 21mn 42s 912ms

Video #0 : MPEG Video at 129 Kbps
        Aspect : 256 x 192 (1.333) at 24.000 fps

Audio #0 : MPEG Audio at 64.0 Kbps

ds\LOSTWORLD169\LOSTWORLD43.113kbs.12fps..192bp.dp g
        Format : DPG at 176 Kbps
        Length : 27.3 MiB for 21mn 43s 920ms

Video #0 : MPEG Video at 112 Kbps

ds\LOSTWORLD169\LOSTWORLD43.133kbs.15fps.180bp.dpg
        Format : DPG at 196 Kbps
        Length : 30.4 MiB for 21mn 42s 912ms

Video #0 : MPEG Video at 132 Kbps

Computer is
        Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 mother board
        AMD 6 core 1055T
        512mb 4770 Radeon graphics card
        8 gigs ram
        1200 watt power supply

I hope there are other options.

Thank you.

Fishinggent

Comment

Continued from above

Oh, I forgot to say that it does not matter which movie I use. The results are the same.

Thank you,

Fishinggent

Comment

Malfunction: DVDripper only outputs 24fps despite lower fps selection

After spending more than 6 hours evaluating many dpg converters, I have concluded that the maximum frame rate per second that a NDS can reasonably handle is 15fps. Anything more and the video pauses/lags. It seems that in general, max bitrate at 256x144 is 256 and max at 256x192 is 200 to 225 and this is all at 15fps.

The fact that DVD ripper will not output less than 24fps (no matter what fps is selected, as reported by Mediainfo) renders all dpg conversions unplayable by the NDS.

Is it possible that DVDripper can be repaired to output the actual or close to the fps selected as allowed by the software so that its dpg conversions can be played on a NDS without video pause?

Thank you

Fishinggent

Comment

Did DVD Ripper ever work for dpg conversions?

Thank you Signals for trying to help me in the recent past. To reiterate, DVD ripper does not output less than 24 fps regardless of the fps selected. I even made some changes suggested by the DVD fab support, but the only output remains at 24fps which the NDS will not play without video pause. Therefore, none of the DVD Fab dpg conversions will play on the NDS without video lag.

I was wondering if any of the previous DVD Ripper version worked correctly to reduce the selected frame rate? If so I would like to role back to that version, unless the current 8.0.7.3 can be repaired.

These are the changes I made based on the suggestion from the DVD Fab tech support team. However they did not work. Output per Mediainfo remains at 24fps regardless of fps selected.

You guys at DVD Fab have been great. I hope there is an option to get the software to work for dpg conversions

Below is the email from DVD Fab tech support

1.Please click the tick green icon button at the right top corner of the
              DVDFab screen, open "Common Settings" window, click on "Convert".

2.And then choose "specified in profile " under "default framerate" to see
              the result.

Any questions in future, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely yours,

--
              Cici Jia
              DVDFab Support Team

Thank you again.

Fishinggent

Comment

Two threads on same subject merged.

Comment

Working...
                X