This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forced Subtitle Problems?

I'm currently ripping all of my DVD's to WMV's on a NAS and keeping the surround sound. DVDFab has been working great so far! However, I'm having a terrible time with Star Wars Episode 2. Has anyone successfully been able to complete this movie? I get all of the subtitles, none of the subtitles. And one time I got some of the forced subtitles, but not all of them!

Any thoughts?

I'm streaming the content to an XBOX 360.

Thanks!

post the settings you have tried and I will give it a try as I stream all my movies as well to my Xbox 360 but I do not convert them. I stream the IFO and VOBs from the Video TS folder to my Xbox 360 so much easier and faster. With the prices of HDD now a days do not have to convert to smaller files anymore

Comment

If memory serves, very little of the alienspeak is translated and forced. I think there were about 3 or 4 subtitles forced in the entire movie.
      Originally posted by jtrevill View Post
      I'm currently ripping all of my DVD's to WMV's on a NAS and keeping the surround sound. DVDFab has been working great so far! However, I'm having a terrible time with Star Wars Episode 2. Has anyone successfully been able to complete this movie? I get all of the subtitles, none of the subtitles. And one time I got some of the forced subtitles, but not all of them!

Any thoughts?

I'm streaming the content to an XBOX 360.

Thanks!
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I'm using Twonky as my media server. AGJ, what are you using? You can stream the VOB/ISO and keep the surround sound as well? Is it one file, or the entire DVD file structure? I will post my settings later - but I have files queued up and can't view them right now...

Comment

I'm using Media Center on Windows 7 Ultimate to stream to X box 360. Never checked the surround sound so I guess I should check that next time I watch movie. as for the VOB/ISO yes I can stream them and it the file that the default DVD to DVD FUll Disc saves to computer. Windows 7 has no problems seeing and streaming them to the Xbox 360. Vista needed a hack to the registry to view and stream not too sure about XP as I only use that computer for internet and emails.

I will wait for the settings and try them out but I'm heading out now will be back later tonight

Comment

Okay, it is Star Wars Episode 2 - original disk. There should be forced subtitles at approximatley 5 Min 15 Sec and at 1 hr 4 Min and 35 Sec. I only get the ones at the 5 min mark.
            I've been using the newest version of DVDFab. Using the DVD to Mobile Xbox 360 setting. Angle 1 of the DVD. Englilsh Audio AC-3/5.1. Subtitle the second English option with the Display only forced subpicture selected.
            I'm using the xbox.360.wmv.wma10 profile. If you chose the edit button I'm using the following:
            High Quality Encode (2-pass)
            Fixed File size of 2001 MB.
            Frame Resolution (Default) of 704X300
            No Split, Framerate - 23.976 fps
            Audio bitrate 128 kbps
            Channel 5.1 Multichannel
            Subpicture Direct render to video

Tried it on another machine using the same settings and get same result. Maybe its a setting I'm choosing, but all of the other movies I've tried have worked flawlessly (Including the other 5 star wars movies).

Thanks again!

Comment

I did the exact settings as you and same problem but I did not stream to my X Box 360 I used WMP to view it as it was easier than turning the X Box on. I will give another setting a try to see if it works or not

Comment

Thanks for giving it a shot - and yes, I just test the files on my PC... The first time I saw the problem was streaming it, however. Let me know if you find a setting that solves it... I'm going to keep messing with it too.

Comment

Working...
                X