Apple TV2 and DVD Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Apple TV2 and DVD Ripper

I have been using DVD Ripper for a few months. Working great! Happy as pie..... Then when Apple released their update for Apple TV2 last week and all the movies I had ripped stopped working..... No Audio when I tried to watch the movies. The television shows worked (not 5.1) and anything with Netflix, or movies that I rent or buy through Apple Work.....

What happened??? Is their fix? Am I the only one having this problem?

thanks,
    Paul

If the movies that been ripped before the Apple TV2 update worked then it not a DVDFab issue but more an issue with Apple TV2 and just might be your settings.

Comment

Having the same issues

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....rt=15&tstart=0

A related forum message from Apples forum.

I disagree that this is only a Apple TV 2 issues. Yes, after the update the files no longer work, and there is a correct way to create MP4 that Apple TV will accept.

Comment

I have read the entire thread from the apple forum. It is clear that they made changes to the firmware with absolutely no regard for their users beyond those using files generated by or bought from them. DVDFab MP4s play on everything else that I know of, including other Apple products, with no problem. For users with large libraries, the only recourse is to lean on Apple and get them to fix their code. Nothing that DVDFab does now to suit whatever quirk they have made to the firmware will do anything for those that have already made their conversions.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Will there be a version that will create compatible MP4 files at some point? Because as of right now, at least for me, the MP4 files created by the latest version are NOT compatible with the AppleTV with the latest patches. I don't mind converting, as I only have a few movies to convert. But for new rips, I'd like to have something that works.

I ran into another issue where the audio/video sync was way off, but thanks to another thread I resolved that issue, but the MP4 file created is still incompatible.

Thoughts?

Mike.

Comment

Agreed

I agree with above.

Here are apple's specs. Can an MP4 have 2 different audio files attached? Maybe we could have both the apple compliant one and the 5.1 for future devices in the same file.

Also, here is there spec. Does this mean stereo only?

http://www.apple.com/appletv/specs.html

Video formats
            ■H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
            ■MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
            ■Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format

----

Audio formats supported
            ■HE-AAC (V1), AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound pass-through

Comment

update to 4.3.1 in hopes...

I was hoping this latest update to apple TV2(yesterday) to 4.3.1 would fix the problem but it didn't.

For me there is no reason to use DVD ripper if it won't work, even if its apples fault. All the movies work in Itunes.....

ugh!

Comment

temp solution...

apple traded out my apple tv2 with another apple tv2 that had iOS 4.0 software and I won't upgrade to 4.3 until I hear that they fixed the issue...

Comment

Working...
                X