more audio sync problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper more audio sync problems

the dvd i am having a problem with is 6 episodes of a tv series on 1 dvd. i have ripped the dvd to my harddrive and it plays fine using vlc. when i load the folder for conversion into dvdfab, it has a tick next to a file of all 6 episodes combined into 1 long file length of 2hr 52mins and this ticked item i use for conversion. so the

original dvd (full disc) ripped to harddrive: resulting folder shows 25 fps (mediainfo)

dvd ripper > ipad: load above folder and framerate is auto set to 25fps

conversion process and the converted file shows: 25fps (mediainfo)

but after 1hr of playing i am seeing audio sync problems. this is with the latest build of 8.0.8.5

any ideas please?
    Last edited by alphabetagaga; 04-08-2011, 10:10 PM.

update:

rather than wait for an official reply, i completely uninstalled 8.0.8.5 this morning and installed 8.0.7.3 i then repeated the above conversion process and the audio sync problem i had above, has gone.

so 8.0.8.5 is broken.

when will we get an official response to the matter please? i have paid £30 odd for a ripper than does not convert properly on the very latest build

Comment

Have you tried v8.0.8.7, the very latest build? And ease off on the righteous indignation, if the developers can duplicate the problem it will be fixed.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

excuse me. i and others have every right to be annoyed. the problem is not isolated and there are plenty of threads relating to many audio sync problems. if you had paid good money, regardless of whether it is £1 or £30, for an item that does not work as it should, would you not be annoyed?

the latest build according to update (via dvdfab) and the 8.x(latest) according to this page

is 8.0.8.5

there is no mention of 8.0.8.7 on that official page. if it were there i would happily try it for you

Comment

You're right about the audio sync probs in the current version, and you're right about it working in 8.0.7.3 - I think it may have something to do with them dropping the same as source option and putting in say 25fps for example instead.

I believe Signals is suggesting you try the latest beta? which is available from betas section. Haven't tried this myself yet - so don't know if it fixes the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ
            Now as for paying good money for something that not work guess you not use that many other programs as a lot of paid programs have more problems than DVDFab and I have a few.
            i don't care what support other programs or companies give. we are talking about dvdfab here and only dvdfab.

Originally posted by AGJ
            DVDFab developers may not be replying as they just might be working hard at fixing the problem.
            please. regardless of whether the developers are working 1% or 100% flat out, it really doesn't take any time at all to post an official sticky or something to that effect officially acknowledging the issue and that a fix is being worked on so at least your customers are kept in the loop.

you have a fantastic product here. please give it the support it deserves.

thank you

Last edited by alphabetagaga; 04-10-2011, 08:18 AM.

Comment

I do not work for dvdfab and let's keep the thread on topic or it will get closed as it is no longer addressing the original post. The DVDFab forum is not a place to vent but rather a place for DVDFab users who bought and paid for DVDFab like you, myself and many others to come and get help from others who as well use DVDFab

Comment

I would post internal log file if I wanted help with an audio sync issue. Also DVDFab version 8.0.8.7 is listed on the official DVDFab website just like AGJ said it is in the Download section and listed in Beta version just below the V8.0.8.5

Comment

Originally posted by dvdphantom View Post
                  Also DVDFab version 8.0.8.7 is listed on the official DVDFab website just like AGJ said it is in the Download section and listed in Beta version just below the V8.0.8.5
                  thanks for that. cannot see any reference to 'audio sync' fixes though, so will hold off trying until it is officially released

Comment

Working...
                  X