Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Windows 7 64bit DVD Ripper issues

Hi

Since I got a new laptop around Christmas time I've been using Windows7 Home Premium 64bit and just cannot seem to get the DVD Ripper to work in 2-pass mode with every DVD I have tried, including ones that I have successfully converted in the past. Typically Windows itself is just reporting an issue and force closing the application however this is not always the case. Sometimes the app is generating an error.

I've tried converting using CUDA and Software as the options and can see no difference. I know that what I am posting is fairly vague but am willing to do another test with a DVD and post any details that you deem pertinent.

I am currently using 8.0.8.5 but this has been happening for several versions now. I've tried setting the app to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP also but still no luck. My guess is that the app doesn't like something in the hardware or it's got an issue with Win7 64 but these are purely guesses, like i said running under my old WinXp laptop the app worked perfectly. Can anyone advise on steps I should take to run a test and what information I should gather? I'd love to get this sorted, it's a fantastic piece of software!

Thanks

Andy

Hi anfearard
    Two pass has always been a little buggy for some try using one pass, as you should not notice any difference in the quality.
    Hope this helps
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Andy, I'm using windows 7 64-bit without difficulty, but I'm using one-pass mode. Never tried two-pass mode, as one-pass mode was working for me. I'm using 8.0.8.5 as well. Works great, and windows 7 64-bit has been much more stable for me than previous versions of Windows.

Mike.

Comment

Hi Andy,

We will fix this "2-pass can not work well with CUDA enable" issue in the next build, please use 1-pass for now. Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,
        --
        Sunny

Comment

All,

Apologies for the delayed reply, I've been quite sick.

Thanks for the response all, Sunny I appreciate your feedback.

I've always used two pass, I find there is usually quite a difference in quality, especially when it comes to audio/video sync.

I'll try the one pass option and see what kind of results I get, I know that with some DVDs (Blackadder box set for example) one pass just looks to be terrible quality.

Sunny,

If there's any additional information that I can pass on to help then please let me know.

Regards

Andy

Comment

Are those Blackadder episodes PAL or NTSC versions?

From what I have read, 2-pass may be a more efficient allocator of the available bits, but with most content should not make a difference in the amount of fine detail available in the image. It doesn't in the extensive tests I have made using the x264 codec and the higher level profiles (iPhone4 x264 and 1080p) in DVDFab.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              Are those Blackadder episodes PAL or NTSC versions?

From what I have read, 2-pass may be a more efficient allocator of the available bits, but with most content should not make a difference in the amount of fine detail available in the image. It doesn't in the extensive tests I have made using the x264 codec and the higher level profiles (iPhone4 x264 and 1080p) in DVDFab.
              Hi Signal,

They're PAL, I'm in Ireland and typically it's only PAL I try to convert.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X