Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Jerky Video - Solution?

Dev Team,
    I have an IBM (Lenovo) T61 Thinkpad that I use for most of my ripping duty, that has 1Gb Ram, Win XP Pro, Intel Core 2 @ 2Ghz, and Intel graphics card.

Every version of software since 7.0.9.3 has produced 'jerky' video when I encode mp4 (h.264/aac) on this machine. My GF recently bought a dell lappy with an 4Gb Ram, Win XP Pro, Intel Core 2 @ 2.17Ghz, and NVIDA graphics card.

I setup the program on that dell, and the video looks GREAT! Ran the same movie on my lappy, and the video is jerky.

Could it be a CUDA issue?

Well, you're certainly not the first user to post "new" problems with v.8xxx, particularly with DVD Ripper and Blu-ray Ripper.

No doubt your "CUDA enabled" NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M is a likely suspect in the mix.
    I'd change your A/V Codec settings to
    Software only
    for both Video Decoder and Video Encoder.
    I would also disable Lightning-Recoding and see what kind of luck you have.

Other ideas are to simply revert to v.7093 although this is a poor work-around if you also rip with this module.

You could also "borrow" your GF's lappie....

Comment

I doubt that DVDFab is trying to use the Intel graphics card for encoding or decoding, but check the settings in DVDFab Common Settings-> A/V Codec as Nick suggested. If they are not all set to software, make it so #1.

You should also check the settings in DVD/Bluray Ripper->Convert, near the top of the window. UNcheck "Enable Turbo CPU" and try a conversion, then check the setting of "Memory Amount used for converting" and if it is not set to Auto, set it there. If it was already on Auto, set it to Low or Normal. Your machine has very little RAM; an upgrade to 4GB would probably help not only DVDFab but your other apps as well.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
      X