Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper How to get the best quality

Hi

I have tried to use DVDFab DVD ripper software to rip DVD to the ipad version, but i can't seem to get the same quality as the movies i bought in itunes.

How do i rip the DVD to get the same quality as the one in the itunes movie stores??

Regards

Originally posted by tjia seng View Post
    Hi

I have tried to use DVDFab DVD ripper software to rip DVD to the ipad version, but i can't seem to get the same quality as the movies i bought in itunes.

How do i rip the DVD to get the same quality as the one in the itunes movie stores??

Regards
    I just got an iPhone a couple of weeks ago and have noticed this too and experimented some. The results have not been great and I think iTunes starts with better resolution original content than a DVD. If you run the bitrate up so that the bits/pixel gets to around 0.300 or a little better it looks pretty good. It depends too on how the bitrate is on the DVD--highly compressed, low bitrate transfers just don't look good no matter what you do.

Stuff made with Blu-ray Ripper however, really smokes. I am still working on it trying different resolution and bitrate settings.

sent from my iPhone4. Damn you autocorrect. Bitrate=nitrate LOL
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

is there any setting recommended to get the same quality as the movie on itunes stores??

Comment

is there any setting recommended to get the same quality as the movie on itunes stores??
        I rip mine at the resolution closest to the screen of the ipad (1024x768) and at the original aspect ration. Bitrate is usually 2500. I have yet to see any pixelation and they look sharp and clear. Size is generally around 2-2.5GB per file in this scenario, so keep that in mind regarding space.

Comment

If i use blu-ray instead of DVD, how many GB is the file on average. The DVD is usually around 1.7 for 2 hours movie right??

Comment

If i use blu-ray instead of DVD, how many GB is the file on average. The DVD is usually around 1.7 for 2 hours movie right??
            I ripped Inception from a Blu-Ray at 1080 ipad setting and it came to ~8GB.

Comment

^wow that's big difference, the quality must be wayyy different.

I don't have blu-ray writer but thinking about buying one, is it really worth it.

And also another question, i don't get it, i have burn the dvd and compare the file size with the movie on itunes, same movie, nearly same file size, but the itunes movie quality is much much better, i don't get how they do it.

Comment

Working...
              X