This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File To Mobile

I purchased the "File to Mobile" license and then upgraded to version 6.2.0.5 (Most recent update as of this posting). When I try to open a DVD for converting, the program comes up with the following error: "Failed to open VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_2.VOB. The file is unsupported."

It seems to pick and choose which *.VOB files it opens/supports since some come through fine and others don't.

I have tried several different discs and have verified the conditions of each. Every time I get the above mentioned error.

Does anyone else have this problem with this option?

You shouldn't be using "File to Mobile" to convert DVD's. You should be using "DVD to Mobile".

This is because the VOB's do not contain all the information to pay correctly. Some of the information is held in the IFO files.

That said, try ripping the DVD to a hard disk folder first and try your VOB's from there.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Do not double post and please post in the correct section.

You will not get help any quicker.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Also, File to Mobile can't decrypt DVD discs. Moving and merging threads.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Sorry, starting multiple threads is a good way to get a smack down.

If you purchased file to mobile expecting it to be able to convert DVDs directly then you have gotten the wrong option. DVD to Mobile is what you are looking for.

If you normally do file conversion and only the occasional DVD then you could prepare the items for File to Mobile so that it will work. The basics step would be to use DVDFab Movie only mode to rip to the HDD with a single title and single audio, use something like the old DVD Shrink to repackage the unencrypted DVD structure to have one big VOB file (there an option to not split at 1G), and then use DVDFab File to Mobile to convert the one big file to what you want. Purchasing DVDFab to Mobile would be much easier especially if you are going to do it more than once.

Comment

I apologize for posting twice. I posted incorrectly in the general section the first time and realized it should have been in this section. This is my first time in a forum like this. Again, I apologize.

I have already decrypted all of these movies and they are on the HDD after running them through DVDFab DVD to DVD the produce *.VOB files. When I open the VIDEO_TS file DVDFab creates, it seems to pick and choose which files it will convert. In a lot of cases it will take 2 of the 3 *.VOB files but for some reason won't take the other.

I was going to purchase DVDFab to Mobile but when I went to purchase it, it said it wouldn't work unless I bought another of the modules. I had previously done a trial version of the DVDFab to Mobile and had no problems with it and really like it. I only needed to do one thing and found that I would rather save money than purchase 2 modules when it seemed like File To Mobile would do the same thing for cheaper with a little more leg work on my end. Is that correct or did I read something wrong when I went to checkout?

If so, is there a way to switch the registration and pay the difference for a lifetime license for DVDFab to Mobile?

Thanks for all the help and again I apologize for posting twice. Won't happen again.

Comment

Same problem

I am in the same boat as you. Was there any resolution?

Comment

I suggest you contact support for purchase issues. Forum moderators do not work for DVDFab.

Comment

I too am having this issue. I rip to HD first then try to convert to MP4 using File to Mobile. I get these errors. Also, when trying to convert to MP4 I get a list of all the 'playable' vob's so that when I do the conversion I have 4 or more MP4's that contain parts of the movies instead of one MP4 that contains the entire movie. This worked good for me until I purchased the File to Mobile option. These are newer movies by the way.

I am using the best practices and, again, it was working fine for me prior to the purchase or maybe it's the newer movies. I tend to think the newer protection schemes are breaking DVDFab.

I am using 6.2.0.5. As nothing on my PC has changed since it worked correctly, including the version of DVDFAB, I would assume this is enough info. If not let me know. thx
                  Last edited by Garyde; 12-22-2009, 09:56 PM.

Comment

As I have said many times before on this forum and in my "Best Practice" thread, you should be using "DVD to Mobile", not "File to Mobile" for this process.

Comment

Oh yea, sorry, my mistake,

I forgot to be detailed enough and need to add I am ripping DVD to hard disk first then doing File to Mobile.
                      Using the method exactly as stated in the Best Practices.

Now what?

Comment

I will say it again. You should be using "DVD to Mobile", not "File to Mobile" for this process.

Comment

clear, concise and valid

I had the same issue until just a couple minutes ago. I had to read through this thread twice and check out GregiBoy's "Best Practices" before the light finally went on! ...

What GregiBoy is trying to tell you all is the "DVD to Mobile" will work with the ripped DVD files also (not just the DVD discs). Just click the folder icon next to Source and navigate to the Video_TS folder where your DVD movie was ripped to.

(In other words..."File to Mobile" doesn't include actual DVD files.)

Comment

I think the confusion is that if you look on the DVDFab website and read the supported formats on the File to Mobile option, the VOB extension is listed. It either ought to be clarified or removed from the supported formats list.

Here is the quote:

1.Read most popular video formats from Internet, digital camcorders, capture cards, etc. No external codecs needed.
                            3GP File ( *.3gp; *3g2 ), ASF File ( *.asf ), AVI File ( *.avi; *.divx ),
                            FLV File ( *.flv ), M2TS File ( *.m2ts ), MOV File ( *.mov ),
                            MP4 File ( *.mp4; *.m4v ), MPEG File ( *.mpeg; *.mpg; *.dat ),
                            MKV File ( *.mkv ), RMVB File ( *.rmvb; *.rm ), TS File ( *.ts ),
                            VOB File ( *.vob ), WMV File ( *.wmv ).

Comment

That statement is totally correct. VOB file format is supported for conversion BUT it will not give you the control and flexibility the DVD to Mobile will.

As I have said MANY, MANY times before on this forum, although the audio, video, etc are held in the VOB files, the actual details and usage of the streams is controlled by the IFO files held in the DVD structure.

If you don't believe me, download and install IFOEdit and open up a DVD structure ripped to a hard disk folder.

The confusion is caused by users with insufficient knowledge making incorrect assumptions.

Comment

Working...
                              X