Blu Ray ripper never starts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Blu Ray ripper never starts

I am trying to rip Star Trek: The Motion Picture. When it discovers the disc, there's 3 files with 2:21:40. When selecting the first one and starting the rip (Going to WMV) it errors out instantly. When going with the other 2 it just sits with 0.00%, Task 00:00:00, Task Left 00:00:00. Total Time Elapsed xx:xx:xx It never starts ripping. I've rebooted and reinstalled the app. Here's my file.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by poseidon7902 View Post
    I am trying to rip Star Trek: The Motion Picture. When it discovers the disc, there's 3 files with 2:21:40. When selecting the first one and starting the rip (Going to WMV) it errors out instantly. When going with the other 2 it just sits with 0.00%, Task 00:00:00, Task Left 00:00:00. Total Time Elapsed xx:xx:xx It never starts ripping. I've rebooted and reinstalled the app. Here's my file.

I can't attach any other log files as it says it exceeds teh forum limit of 55 kb.

Comment

I deleted the Internal Log and it recreated it though now it instantly errors out on any of the 3 selections.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi poseidon7902

Please do not compress from your drive.
        First save it to your HDD as "Movie Only" BD50 without compression.
        Then open the hard drive folder and use that folder for converting.
        Doing it this way saves wear and tear on your optical drive and is also faster.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
          Hi poseidon7902

Please do not compress from your drive.
          First save it to your HDD as "Movie Only" BD50 without compression.
          Then open the hard drive folder and use that folder for converting.
          Doing it this way saves wear and tear on your optical drive and is also faster.
          CBR929
          How do you do that? Select all of the files on the disc and copy them into a folder, then read from that folder?

Comment

ALso it should be noted that any and all Blu Ray Rips I try fail instantly. No specific disc is different than the others.

Comment

BD Ripper doesn't work at all now

I started a thread about it not working with one disc, but now a couple different issues are happening and I can't do anything with the program. Here's the symptoms.

1. BD will scan a disc for 10 minutes and I eventually have to CTRL/ALT/DLT and kill the process. I'm on Win 7 Enterprise 64x. This is the only application that I'm having problems with. I have two BD drives on my computer and this happens no matter which one I use, so unless I had 2 BD drives go bad within minutes of each other, the problem isn't a hardware one. (it should be noted that this problem happens whether I'm doing a BD rip or a regular disc rip, so the problem isn't specific to one aspect of the application) (Book of Eli has never read fully, it just sits there with the scroll bar moving and never reading).

2. BluRay Ripper doesn't work at all. I've tried with 4 disc now and it does the same thing (assuming problem 1 doesn't occur to begin with). I select the file I want to rip, and change the name of the movie to match the name of the movie that's being ripped and standard to my naming scheme. I then click start. It starts and runs for about 3-7 seconds, then "process failed" pops up. If there's multiple different files I can rip, it's the same for all of them. THis is ripping to Xbox360 WMA10. I'm not changing any other settings.

I'm tempted to reinstall WIndows just to make sure there's nothing off there, but the fact is that this program has been very flaky since the day I bought it. WMV off on audio sync and now this. In the 5 months I've owned this only 2 have been trouble free. Hopefully someone can help me.
              Attached Files

Comment

Two threads merged.

Comment

Still doing some research on this. I went into Add/Remove programs and noticed that there were 3 different versions of DVDFab installed. When you install the software to upgrade, why does it not look to see if there's a previous version and then uninstall that before installing the new version? Well, I removed everything and rebooted. Redownloaded 8.1 and am now ripping Book Of Eli. It's been going to 5 minutes and hasn't failed out or looked like it's going to fail out (Task Time Left 00:00:00).

I'll let you know whether it works on the other movies I tried ripping with.

On a related note, it was brought to my attention that I should rip the movies to the HDD then use ripper to convert it into WMV. Does that mean I should browse to the DVD, Copy all the files, paste them in a folder on my HDD then rip from that location? Thanks!

Comment

Star Trek BD (entire series) won't rip

Don't know why, but none of the Star Trek movies in BlueRay will rip. First time you try to do it, it runs for about a minute then errors. If you try changing teh selected file or any other setting and trying again, it errors out instantly.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi poseidon7902
                      I have moved your other thread to here.
                      Please try to keep your posts in one thread, as it makes it hard to keep track of multiple threads.
                      Thank You
                      CBR929
                      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                        Hi poseidon7902
                        I have moved your other thread to here.
                        Please try to keep your posts in one thread, as it makes it hard to keep track of multiple threads.
                        Thank You
                        CBR929
                        The Star Trek one should be its own thread I would think. I can rip any other Blue Ray, but not the Star Trek series. Currently Battle Los Angeles is ripping just fine. Any of the Star Trek movies 1 - 10 (11 being the newest one a few years back) error out instantly.

Comment

Hi poseidon7902
                          The Star Trek one should be its own thread I would think.
                          Pulled from your first post in this thread.
                          I am trying to rip Star Trek: The Motion Picture.
                          The thread I moved will stay here.

Are you also doing the steps as outlined in my post #4???
                          Always rip to your HDD first and use that file for converting and or compressing.
                          If you are having problems with the disc reading, clean it no matter how pristine it may appear.
                          You may also try resetting DMA, to do this:Open Fab Click the Green top right > General > make sure Check for DMA Automatically is Checked and also Click the Reset DMA to the right click OK and restart Fab.

Hope this helps
                          CBR929

Comment

I thought my other post cleared up that the issue of it not reading is gone. There were multiple versions of Fab installed and once I uninstalled them all and installed only the current version it started to work. So now the issues is that only the Star Trek series won't rip. It reads fine and works on all other disc's I've thrown at it, just not the Star Trek Series.

Comment

Are these discs from the box set of the TV series (and which series, original or Enterprise?) or the box set of the Star Trek movies?
                              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                              X