Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Blu-Ray rips will not transfer to iPod

Hi,

I'm having problems getting iTunes to transfer Blu-Ray rips to my iPod.

I have the following installed:
    DVDFab - 8.0.9.2
    iTunes - 10.3.1.55
    iPod - 80Gb Video iPod (24Gb free space), Software Version:1.3
    The two Blu-Rays I have tried so far are 'The Hurt Locker' and 'Avatar'

At first I just used the 'iPod / iPhone' button on the left hand side to use the default settings (iPhone4.mp4):
    AVATAR_CE_D1: Title(3), Play Time(02:58:09)
    Original Frame Resolution (1920 x 1080)
    Original Aspect Ratio (1.78:1)
    Cropped Aspect Ratio (1.78:1)
    Source Zoom: 23%
    Output Zoom: 40%
    Output Size: 960 x 544

The rip seemed to go successfully and I used the auto transfer to place the 2.4Gb output file directly into my iTunes library. The file appears in the correct place and plays correctly in iTunes as well as all my other players, including networked to my Xbox. Howerver, when I tick the video file in iTunes it doesn't alter the capacity graphic at the bottom of the iTunes page for my iPod and a subsequent sync doesn't transfer the file to my iPod. There are no error messages. I also tried not using the auto transfer and importing using iTunes but the same result occured.

I read this thread about iPhone and changing the resolution:
    Originally posted by fengtao View Post
    Hi mtbikerrob5,

iTunes will not transfer 1080p MP4 file to iPhone, you have two ways to fix it:

1. use thrid party program to transfer 1080p MP4 file, like GoodReader;
    2. use normal iPhone4 profile to create 960x540 MP4 file and transfer using iTunes.

Best Regards,
    Fengtao
    I don't want to use a third party transfer thingy so I changed the resolution:
    Output Zoom: 40%
    Output Size: 960 x 540

This didn't work either.

Any clues?

Zulu

The profiles you used do not produce iPod Classic compliant output, see the specs for the device here http://www.apple.com/ipodclassic/specs.html .

If you are making the conversions to play on the device, the high bitrates and screen resolutions are a waste of conversion time and storage space. Choose the correct profile for better results.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

What am I doing wrong now?

OK - what am I doing wrong now?

Output Zoom: 70%
      Output Size: 640 x 480
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi PPI Zulu,
        Please try the lastest build DVDFab 8.1.0.2 Qt Beta http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB_BETA.
        Wish you success.
        terry5

Comment

Originally posted by terry5 View Post
          Hi PPI Zulu,
          Please try the lastest build DVDFab 8.1.0.2 Qt Beta http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB_BETA.
          Wish you success.
          terry5
          ...thanks for your reply but that's not really the point. This should work with my current version (and everything from v1.0 I would have hoped) - I'm obviously getting the settings for the Rip wrong.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong with the ripping? I'm obviously not selecting something or some combination of things. So far I have only had this problem with Blu-Rays (but then I don't use DVDFab for DVDs - yet).

Thanks to 'signals' for the re-direct to the iPod Classic specs - I've tired to mimic the settings in DVDFab to those for the iPod but I'm obviously still doing somethign wrong.

Comment

Working...
          X