mp4 rip stuttering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) mp4 rip stuttering

i have been having this stuttering problem for a few months now. every new version brings new hope but never works. i am currently using version 8.1.0.5

i sent my logs to tech support, all they ever tell me is reinstall dvdfab and reinstall video card drivers (which i have done many times over). everything has been changed to "software only" and lightning encoding turned off. still doesn't work.

"rclark" had found a way to rewrite the formula for xbox-mp4, but the programming language has changed so i can't duplicate that correction.

can someone please help? i purchased this software to save to mp4, hopefully i keep it that way.

appreciate anyone's help in advance.

Hi rob74
    Please try the latest version found here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=13695
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Please give an example of a movie that stutters when converted, also, which of the many MP4 profiles are you using and with what settings (framerate, bitrate, etc.)? Is the Source content NTSC or PAL? If you have an internal log from a stuttering conversion, please post it.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

What are you trying to play the MP4 on?

If it's a PC try changing the codec that player is using for playback.

If the device is capable of playing another H264 wrapper such as AVI or MKV, if you encode to that does it still work.

Are you using Quick Sync? I've had stuttering issues encoding with Quick Sync. Try a software encode does that work?

Comment

quick sync

what is quick sync, where can i disable it?

also, i originally posted to rip to mp4. i spent the money to rip to mp4. i guess i would like mp4 to work and not have to seek out a different profile to rip to.

thank you for your help...really appreciate it!

Comment

tried avi...still stuttering

the reason why i am using mp4 or avi is to keep each blu ray 4-6 gb's. i do not want to go iso or mkv and get 20-40gb files.

if anyone has any other suggestion let me know.

Comment

You don't have to have 20-40Gb MKV's and they are generally better than MP4's/AVI's.

You can actually have an MKV better quality than an AVI of the same size.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

mkv's the size of mp4s

mind sharing how to do that on dvdfab?

Comment

Blu-Ray Ripper, MKV and choose a MKV profile other than passthrough. (MUX)
                  Last edited by GregiBoy; 07-11-2011, 01:43 AM.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

The mkv.h264.ac3 profile should be a good place to start.

Comment

how do you set file size on mkv?

thanks for your help. to clarify, do you mean these mkv files will be smaller than 20-40gb by it's ripping nature or can you set the file size to be 4-6gb?

Comment

Size will depend on bitrate and resolutions that you set, just like in MP4/AVI.

Comment

menu matching

thanks for your help!

am i supposed to match things like "frame rate, bit rate" to the original source in the menu section?

sorry, i am new to all this. thanks for your patience and time.

Comment

Hi rob74,
                            In order to help, please tell us what profile with what settings (framerate, bitrate, etc.) you use and the information about the BD. It's better to post your lastest internal log which is loacted in:
                            For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                            or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                            or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                            Best regard
                            terry5

Comment

terry5

hi terry5,

i always use xbox, mp4-i never adjust the bitrate or anything, i just let the defaults work.

when i first bought this software, it all worked. just the latest versions, people have been discussing matching bitrates to make the software work. i bought this software so it can do all the leg work, now it's one big hassle!

i tried looking up how to attach the log to the post, but can't find it. if someone would enlighten me on how to do it, i'll definitely post the log.

thank you all for your help. as i said in the original post, a request to technical support resulted in "reload your dvdfab software, reload nvidia drivers, good luck" emails back.

Comment

Working...
                              X