File analysis for Nook Color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper File analysis for Nook Color

I have a file I created that works on my Nook Color. It was created in another software package and using the same settings (as far as I can tell) I have tried to convert files using DVDFab and cannot get them to work. I would post the file, but since Media Info would display the name of the other software, that may violate the rules. Is there someone who would be willing to analyze this video file and let us know what settings in DVDFab we can use to get the same results?

I created recorded the video with my camera so there are no copyright issues. It is about 20m, but I can make a shorter one if necessary.

Thanks!

For problems like this, it is OK to attach or copy and paste the MediaInfo data. If the developers need an actual file sample, they will contact you with information on how to supply it.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      For problems like this, it is OK to attach or copy and paste the MediaInfo data. If the developers need an actual file sample, they will contact you with information on how to supply it.
      Okay, here it is.

General
      Complete name : C:\Users\Drummond\Videos\MVI_5459-1.m4v
      Format : MPEG-4
      Format profile : Base Media / Version 2
      Codec ID : mp42
      File size : 19.6 MiB
      Duration : 45s 789ms
      Overall bit rate : 3 593 Kbps
      Encoded date : UTC 2011-07-11 14:51:17
      Tagged date : UTC 2011-07-11 14:58:42
      Writing application : Hxxxxxxxxx 0.9.5 2011010300

Video
      ID : 1
      Format : AVC
      Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
      Format profile : Baseline@L3.1
      Format settings, CABAC : No
      Format settings, ReFrames : 2 frames
      Codec ID : avc1
      Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
      Duration : 45s 767ms
      Bit rate mode : Variable
      Bit rate : 3 463 Kbps
      Width : 848 pixels
      Height : 480 pixels
      Display aspect ratio : 16:9
      Frame rate mode : Constant
      Frame rate : 30.000 fps
      Color space : YUV
      Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
      Bit depth : 8 bits
      Scan type : Progressive
      Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.284
      Stream size : 18.9 MiB (96%)
      Writing library : x264 core 112
      Encoding settings : cabac=0 / ref=2 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x1:0x111 / me=umh / subme=6 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=0 / 8x8dct=0 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=3 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=0 / weightp=0 / keyint=300 / keyint_min=30 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=20.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=3 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
      Tagged date : UTC 2011-07-11 14:58:42
      Color primaries : BT.709-5, BT.1361, IEC 61966-2-4, SMPTE RP177
      Transfer characteristics : BT.709-5, BT.1361
      Matrix coefficients : BT.709-5, BT.1361, IEC 61966-2-4 709, SMPTE RP177

Audio
      ID : 2
      Format : AAC
      Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
      Format profile : LC
      Codec ID : 40
      Duration : 45s 789ms
      Bit rate mode : Variable
      Bit rate : 128 Kbps
      Maximum bit rate : 143 Kbps
      Channel(s) : 1 channel
      Channel positions : Front: C
      Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
      Compression mode : Lossy
      Stream size : 714 KiB (4%)
      Language : English
      Tagged date : UTC 2011-07-11 14:58:41

Comment

Stereo audio should also work with the iPad. The new DVDFab Profile Editor, which should be available very soon, may allow you to make a DVDFab profile to produce a file with these characteristics.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Any word on that Profile Editor, by the way?

I used to have a profile I made for the NookColor, but since DVDFab switched to the new profile format I can't use it anymore.

I have found that the iPad profile works fine with zero customizations required, however. The files are bigger than necessary and don't have some of the tweaks I had made for the Nook, but they work fine. Don't even have to change the filename extension; the NookColor sees them as-is.

Comment

Expected it before now. I don't think it will be long.

Comment

Originally posted by SecretSuperstar View Post
              Any word on that Profile Editor, by the way?

I used to have a profile I made for the NookColor, but since DVDFab switched to the new profile format I can't use it anymore.

I have found that the iPad profile works fine with zero customizations required, however. The files are bigger than necessary and don't have some of the tweaks I had made for the Nook, but they work fine. Don't even have to change the filename extension; the NookColor sees them as-is.
              Thanks, I'll give it a try. I've found that the file extension "m4v" seems to work better than "mp4". I have had some "mp4" files that would not work but when I changed the file name to "m4v" it worked fine.

Comment

I posted a profile a while back that works for the nookcolor:

I just tested it out on a qt release and it works fine.

Since the NookColor was updated to v1.2 the video has a stuttering problem at higher kbps. I changed it to 800kbps and it seems to work fine. I also recommend making the volume 200 to 250%. Video streaming to the NC use to work at 1100kbps but now it needs to be no more than 512kbps to prevent stuttering. Since I use video streaming to watch all movies around my house it is no longer my favorite device. I use my netbook and VLC.

Comment

Originally posted by billbell52 View Post
                  I posted a profile a while back that works for the nookcolor:

I just tested it out on a qt release and it works fine.

Since the NookColor was updated to v1.2 the video has a stuttering problem at higher kbps. I changed it to 800kbps and it seems to work fine. I also recommend making the volume 200 to 250%. Video streaming to the NC use to work at 1100kbps but now it needs to be no more than 512kbps to prevent stuttering. Since I use video streaming to watch all movies around my house it is no longer my favorite device. I use my netbook and VLC.
                  what versions have you used this on? It does not seem to be in the correct format for 8.1.0.5, but looks okay for 8.0.8.5.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Floyd
                    billbell52 was using a beta version 8.0.5.8, which is no longer available.
                    CBR929
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I used version 8.098 (recent version). I did it yesterday. The key is to use mp4 basic encoder. I don't know how DVDFab refers to it. If I get a chance I will try the latest version. I did Battle Los Angeles.
                      Last edited by IPopov50; 07-22-2011, 01:47 AM. Reason: Unrelated references

Comment

I tried 8.1.0.6 and it works great on NookColor v1.2 on the main memory. I did not try the microSD card.

I fixed the file for video streaming which involves moving movie info to beginning of file but it still stutters. I am hoping the next NC firmware release fixes this.

I also tried the file on my Windows Phone 7 and it works great.

Comment

Ipad profile seems to work fine for the Nook Color, but is not so great for my WDTV live. I'll have to play around with it some more to see if I can come up with settings that will work for both, so I don't have to have two sets of files.

Thanks,

Comment

Ipad works fine for Nool Color, regardless of bitrate or number of passes, nothing seems to change anything, but I do copy directly to the SD card, I am not streaming.

On my TV however it is far more pixelated than the Generic h.264 .AVi. Any thoughts on what I can change to improve that? I guess I will have to wait for the profile editor and look at the differences betewwn the iPad and WDTV presets....

Comment

Working...
                            X