M2TS DTS Sounds like Static

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) M2TS DTS Sounds like Static

I am running into an issue where I am no longer able to get DTS to process correctly when using M2TS Audio Copy Normal. The audio track sound like static. I have noticed this issue after installing 8.1.05. I am also experiencing with 8.1.06. As I do not Rip BD files after each upgrade, the issue may be pre 8.1.05 but I know earlier version have worked.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

What player are you using? Happens with all titles? Could it be a player problem, or does older content you made with these settings play OK?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      What player are you using? Happens with all titles? Could it be a player problem, or does older content you made with these settings play OK?

Thank you for your response, Older BD Ripped content plays fine. I am using a Sony media player.

Comment

Originally posted by flintstone View Post
        I am using a Sony media player.
        This may just be a Sony issue. I see a similar issue on the PS3 about 10% of the time when steaming MPEG2+AC3 (VOB from a DVD). When it occurs I get popping sounds periodically throughout playback. In these cases the Sony PS3 doesn't handle the AC3 correctly when streamed or from a file but will play the exact same audio stream perfectly from a disc.

I'm guessing that your Sony media player shares the same engineering as the PS3 in the audio playback department.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
          This may just be a Sony issue. I see a similar issue on the PS3 about 10% of the time when steaming MPEG2+AC3 (VOB from a DVD). When it occurs I get popping sounds periodically throughout playback. In these cases the Sony PS3 doesn't handle the AC3 correctly when streamed or from a file but will play the exact same audio stream perfectly from a disc.

I'm guessing that your Sony media player shares the same engineering as the PS3 in the audio playback department.
          Thank you for your reply. Although it is possible, I do not believe it is a Sony issue as I get the same static when playing on my computer. I am using Audiocopy and if I understand correctly, the audio is a direct pass from the BD. The issue only seems to occur with DTS movies (I have now tried a few) Dolby seems to work fine.

I will see if I can try one of BDs that is experiencing this occurrence again using BD Ripper 8.0.8.5 as I believe I did not have any issues with the M2TS audiocopy.

Comment

I will see if I can try one of BDs that is experiencing this occurrence again using BD Ripper 8.0.8.5 as I believe I did not have any issues with the M2TS audiocopy.
            Tried BD Ripper 8.0.8.5 on a BD DTS audio where I was not getting sound only low volume static using BD Ripper 8.0.1.06. BD Ripper 8.0.8.5 produced a working M2TS file using normal audiiocopy. The DTS audio file played fine on my Sony Media Player.
            Last edited by IPopov50; 07-28-2011, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Hello Ive just paid for bluray ripper and the symptoms [low level noise/static as flintstone has too] is what Ive got with a number of m2ts profiles both dts hdma and ddtruehd I am playing these 1080p/24fs files with an oppo 95;which has no problem with those discs that dont need transcoding to a.ts file;dts hdma vfd reads like it should.

The reason I bought the ripper was to transcode wmv bd and mpeg files to m2.ts. I have tried the newest beta after 8.1.05 [as well as m2ts and mkv which the 95 plays] and that didnt work so reverted to 8.08.5 as flintstone did and that has fixed the audio on the 1st bd I tried ;The dark night.

I have just tried a few chapters with truehd selected but my cary 11a and oppo both report 16/48 dd 5.1 lossy only. Is this a bandwidth thing? [lossless audio requires a video res 720p or higher so maybe conceivable the whole disc will give lossless?] .I hope this echo/noise is eradicated soon as the video reproduced is great

Comment

Success with the dd audio with the latest beta everyone ;checked the oppo 93/95 faq page and found truehd isnt supported yet so will try a dts hdma track and expect success

Comment

Working...
                X