Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re-encoding an mkv to smalelr size: is it possible?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Re-encoding an mkv to smalelr size: is it possible?

Hi: i'm tryin' to re-encode an 11gb mkv (ripped from bluray using dvdfab) to a smaller size file (about 9gb).
    Using dvdfab i've changed the bitrate, audiocopy, same mkv container but when i start i have an error at the very beginnning of the process.
    Is it possible to do this or do i have to change something? Thanks

You will need DVDFab Video Converter for this task, or to start over from the original disc. Blu-ray Ripper only reads Blu-rays.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have dvdfab complete lifetime.
      I've used Video converter, sorry i didn't mention that.
      But i have that error.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus2k View Post
        Hi: i'm tryin' to re-encode an 11gb mkv (ripped from bluray using dvdfab) to a smaller size file (about 9gb).
        Using dvdfab i've changed the bitrate, audiocopy, same mkv container but when i start i have an error at the very beginnning of the process.
        Is it possible to do this or do i have to change something? Thanks
        I would go back to the original disk and reconvert. Then I believe you could select the file size you want. At least you can on the DVD Ripper. It would also give you the best quality as you loose some quality every time you convert.

Comment

Please try v8.1.0.7 Qt Beta, and post the results.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have installed beta v8.1.0.7 but still got the error.

A soon as the process start i have the following error message:
            Work 1 failed, Error = 504.00 0 error: process exception, filter(type2:id1), info = 503.00 13

I no longer have the orignal disc so i cannot re-encode from disk. My goal is to re-encode the mkv (created with dvdfab bd ripper) to a smaller file with audiocopy.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus2k View Post
              I have installed beta v8.1.0.7 but still got the error.

A soon as the process start i have the following error message:
              Work 1 failed, Error = 504.00 0 error: process exception, filter(type2:id1), info = 503.00 13

I no longer have the orignal disc so i cannot re-encode from disk. My goal is to re-encode the mkv (created with dvdfab bd ripper) to a smaller file with audiocopy.
              Thread closed.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Guest; 08-02-2011, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X