No announcement yet.

Quick Sync not working with 2-pass ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Quick Sync not working with 2-pass ?

I want to encode a dvd to mkv/h264.

When I use 1-pass, Quick Sync works properly (indicated by log entry, encoding speed and low cpu usage) but the image quality is bad as expected.

When I set it to 2-pass with every other setting the same, quick sync doesn't start and it is encoded by software (cpu).

Does Quick Sync not support 2-pass or is this a bug?

I'm using Version 8.1.0.5
    Encoder and Decoder are set to Quick Sync and I made an entry in Virtu.
    I also tried setting the decoder to Software which didn't change anything.

As already said, 1-pass works as intended, 2-pass doesn't.

Please describe the settings you used on the Ripper Edit page for the one-pass conversion (screen size, bitrate or b/p, audio encode or passthrough etc.) How was the resulting video "bad", i.e. anything specific that made it unsuitable.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

These are the settings:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	1pass.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	305938

With this Quick Sync Works. As soon as I change it to 2-pass with same settings it uses the software encoder (cpu).

With 1-pass the image quality looks like it was encoded with a very low bitrate, compared to a 2-pass software encoded file.

Comment

Any news regarding this issue?

Comment

set the video bit rate to 8000, then tell us if the quality is "bad"
          Last edited by CBR929; 08-01-2011, 09:12 PM. Reason: Unnecessary words

Comment

No, of course the quality isn't bad with 8000 kbit/s

The issue is that 2-pass isn't working with quick sync.

Also I noticed that 1-pass with quick sync alsways uses variable bitrate instead of constant.

Comment

I also have noticed that quick sync doesn't get used when selecting 2 pass, I mentioned this in another thread some weeks ago but didnt get round to starting a seperate thread about it. Although in my case, the few 1 pass quick sync jobs I have done have produced very nice quality rips in mp4 format with appx 1800kbps bitrate, the quick sync really does go blisteringly fast, for me a 1hr & 52min movie completed in about 6mins.

But, when selecting any 2pass encode, it doesn't use quick sync at all, just the standard software process (for the same movie as mentioned above, it was about 30mins per each pass).

Comment

Hi there,
                Quick Sync doesn't support 2-pass now. So please ingore this feature and use Quick sync with 1-pass.

Thanks for your support!

Comment

Working...
                X