Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Ripping Fails with quick sync

Hi, first post!

Just bought a new lenovo IdeaPad Z570 102498u which says it supports quick sync. I was under the impression that h.264 was built into the hardware yet when i try to rip any file with dvd fab other than a divx.audiocopy i get either:
    a process that halts at 67.20%
    or the file completes yet I get a video that "stutters" every 5 seconds.
    or the video is fine then the audio stops half way through the file.

ive tried mkv files, xvid and h.264 all with these 3 various failures. tried the optional "disable GPU" in settings and there seems to be no pattern to this chaos.

My graphic driver is currently 8.15.10.2266 (up to date on lenovo's site) Intel had an update on their site and I installed it against their recommendation to stay with the manufacture drivers. I've since rolled back as there was no change in the situation.

any ideas? what logs do i send?
    oh, and when i try to select VC1 in the settings error pops up
    "intel quick sync VC1 decoder cannot be supported by your graphics card"

This is all over my head. Im just some guy who paid a bunch of money to copy a blu-ray collection cause i bought into quick sync hype.

upload dvdfab_internal log:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by trife; 08-09-2011, 08:43 AM.

No change after applying the new "stable" release (8.1.1.2) which claimed to fix many of our issues.

Hope i can get a trial of dvdfab before i have no trial left.

Comment

Originally posted by trife View Post
      This is all over my head. Im just some guy who paid a bunch of money to copy a blu-ray collection cause i bought into quick sync hype.
      Well try it on a computer that does not have all the hypey B/S!!!
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        Well try it on a computer that does not have all the hypey B/S!!!
        Or dont buy products that say they support quick sync when they dont?

Comment

Up to you but I personally will not use Quick Sync, CUDA or DXVA for any of my encodes as that route is fraught with problems.

I'd rather sink my $$$ into a fast mobo/processor, plenty of ram, fast disks.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
            I'd rather sink my $$$ into a fast mobo/processor, plenty of ram, fast disks.
            I agree, but QuickSync is working really well for many users. Better not to be at the mercy of the latest driver from nvidia or whomever.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
            X