Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Jerky Video Still!!!!

FIX THIS ISSUE!!!

Every since version 8 has come out every DVD I have ripped (mp4 / h.264 - AAC) has been 'Jerky'.

Today, after nearly a year of dealing with this, I think I finally figured out why (because the software people here cannot figure it out).

The computer I use (and have always used) is a Lenovo T61 with an integrated Intel Graphics processor. When I rip the movie with any version 8 DVDFAB, and try to play it back on this computer, the video is jittery. Today, I tried 8.1.1.2, just to ensure that programers have not pulled a rabbit from their hat, and sure enough they had not.

I did however play the video on an Nvidia machine, and guess what, not jerky.

I play it on my HTPC (MacMini w/ Intel graphics) and sure enough... jerky.

This is unacceptable. Figure out why I continue to have to use 7.0.9.3 to rip my movies.

If you need more information, search my username, plenty of backup data.

Its strange as every single movie i do bluray to video (mp4/mkv etc) has the same effect (jittery) and has done ever since trying dvdfab and im on a top spec nvidia machine, my solution is to run the remux again with "other software", it only takes a couple mins to remux the movie and they all play fine. so its seems there a problem with dvdfabs remux engine but the encode is fine.

Comment

Iphone.multichannel

The Iphone.Multichannel profile seems to works for the mp4. the video is smooth. the frame size is smaller but you can go into video setting and change the size.

That I did was took the Iphone.multichannel profile in the mp4 and edited the display size fields and saved it as a custome profile so that it was exactly the way i wanted when i selected it in the pull downs.

Comment

Originally posted by BenieUK View Post
        Its strange as every single movie i do bluray to video (mp4/mkv etc) has the same effect (jittery) and has done ever since trying dvdfab and im on a top spec nvidia machine, my solution is to run the remux again with "other software", it only takes a couple mins to remux the movie and they all play fine. so its seems there a problem with dvdfabs remux engine but the encode is fine.
        Since dvdfab doesn't supply this functionality I think its safe to ask whats the "other software" so we can fix our files.

Comment

Originally posted by trife View Post
          Since dvdfab doesn't supply this functionality I think its safe to ask whats the "other software" so we can fix our files.
          Hi trife
          Discussion of "other software" is not allowed on this forum and posts will be moderated to abide by the rules set by this forum.
          I believe a "freeware" product may be used in discussion, but not 100% sure.
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

DVDFab has a new muxer, please try v8.1.1.5 Beta or a newer version if there is one when you read this. If you have some non-PAL content, it would be helpful to know if it works for you. I can't duplicate this with NTSC source material.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              DVDFab has a new muxer, please try v8.1.1.5 Beta or a newer version if there is one when you read this. If you have some non-PAL content, it would be helpful to know if it works for you. I can't duplicate this with NTSC source material.
              yeah i had the beta but my trial ran out. Im still on the forums looking for solutions to fix the rips i made. Didn't know about the new muxer. Is it new with the 8.1.1.5 beta? in anycase it still has problems with the 264 rips

Comment

OK, sorry you had a problem. I think the new muxer was introduced in the version before 8115 Beta, but I don't remember for sure. I do know that 8115 produces good results with NTSC Source content when converting to MP4/M4V. I have a couple of PAL discs that I can test it with to see if it is a Source framerate issue.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I just did the same short movie on both versions and compared side by side with Mediainfo, daylight and dark! The OP says it plays on one computer and not the other, hard to finger the software. My guess is a more up to speed playback codec is needed. Mediainfo results attached:
                  Attached Files
                  How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

These are very different videos. The 8115 is variable framerate, the earlier one is fixed, among other differences.

Comment

Yes they are very different and that is what is leading down the decoder path, that and the fact they both play smoothly on my old XP laptop that has a pretty crappy Intel onboard graphics chip, with VLC media player.
                      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                      X